FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Forum Lounge Thread (2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1948376-forum-lounge-thread-2019-a.html)

Bohemian1 Jul 8, 2019 3:16 pm

Calling All Cows

Chick-fil-A is giving out free food to people who dress in "cow-related" attire on Tuesday. The promotion is part of the chain's 15th annual Cow Appreciation Day, which drew 1.95 million people last year. Restaurants nationwide will give out kid's meals to children and entrees (except for salads) to adults who wear cow attire or accessories including hats and masks. USA TODAY

Any volunteers?

canadiancow Jul 8, 2019 7:08 pm

​​​​

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 31282868)
Chick-fil-A is giving out free food to people who dress in "cow-related" attire on Tuesday. The promotion is part of the chain's 15th annual Cow Appreciation Day, which drew 1.95 million people last year. Restaurants nationwide will give out kid's meals to children and entrees (except for salads) to adults who wear cow attire or accessories including hats and masks. USA TODAY

Any volunteers?

Well I'm out of the country. Also Chick-fil-A doesn't have much of a bay area presence due to... reasons.

yyznomad Jul 8, 2019 7:51 pm

This HR derby is INSANE. Vlady and Joc.

EDITED: THIS is RIDIC EPIC. Extra 1 minute round and now into 2nd swing-off tie breaker.

smallmj Jul 8, 2019 8:34 pm

Poor Vladdy looks exhausted during the final

yyznomad Jul 8, 2019 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj (Post 31283660)

Yep. Joc should've been on the other side of the bracket. :(

meagicano Jul 8, 2019 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj (Post 31283660)

look at how hard he’s had to work! No wonder.

yyznomad Jul 8, 2019 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by meagicano (Post 31283676)

look at how hard he’s had to work! No wonder.

Yeah the left side of the bracket was stacked with Joc and Vladdy...
It's unfortunate after all that effort of something like 91 HRs hit he still loses. 91!!!!

meagicano Jul 8, 2019 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31283678)
Yeah the left side of the bracket was stacked with Joc and Vladdy...
It's unfortunate after all that effort of something like 91 HRs hit he still loses. 91!!!!

Anyone who hits 91 is the actual winner IMO

Dude crushed it

smallmj Jul 8, 2019 8:48 pm

Alonso may have won, but some might argue that Vladdy was the star. 91 HR's is just insane.

yyznomad Jul 8, 2019 8:48 pm

This sucks! What entertainment though. Greatest HR derby ever. Hands down. People doubted Vlady the whole time. Tonight he changed that.

yyznomad Jul 8, 2019 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj (Post 31283688)
Alonso may have won, but some might argue that Vladdy was the star. 91 HR's is just insane.

Yep. Vladdy vs. Joc will be the talk for a long time. I never cared much for HR derbies in the past but holy moly that was entertaining.

RangerNS Jul 9, 2019 6:56 am

:conflictedface:

Considering getting day drunk, while billable, after the all-hands call.

tcook052 Jul 9, 2019 8:56 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31283692)
Yep. Vladdy vs. Joc will be the talk for a long time. I never cared much for HR derbies in the past but holy moly that was entertaining.

It was cute seeing him as a kids at hid Dad's elbow when Vlad Sr. won his HR derby title. It still takes some getting used to hearing the surnames of past MLB greats and having to remember it's the next generation.

SteadyAT Jul 9, 2019 10:09 am

Now I’m a poet!

24left and SteadyAT at last together in flight
Flying over the Rockies is a beautiful sight
Many more miles to go before our intended spot
And kitkats have already been consumed - a lot!
Touring the 789 crew sleeping quarters has been such a treat
How anyone manages to snooze in there is truly a feat
Happy to report no deflates were so far
And there are still kitkats left in the galley bar!

WaytoomuchEurope Jul 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Enjoying a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale for the first time and sitting by the St Croix river.

Beer drinkers need to find this beer. It is fantabulous.