Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to secure a direct flight on Air China?

Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

I can't believe I'm trying to secure a flight on Air China, which I was avoiding like a plague for the last 3 years However I'm trying to avoid AC and their insanes taxes, and to get a direct YYZ-PEK flight. No matter when I look, I can't get anymore the direct YYZ-PEK with Air China. Aeroplan is forcing me to take AC. To the point where I considered going first but the only first they offer if from London, after they force you to fly AC there. Don't know if it's my perception but this has become even more annoying in the last couple of month (shortly after merger proposal ?)

I'm looking towards Dec 20th and can't seem to find anything even when the day just opens up. In a very recent past there was a tons of seats open for that segment. Thanks for any advice.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by spartac
I can't believe I'm trying to secure a flight on Air China, which I was avoiding like a plague for the last 3 years However I'm trying to avoid AC and their insanes taxes, and to get a direct YYZ-PEK flight. No matter when I look, I can't get anymore the direct YYZ-PEK with Air China. Aeroplan is forcing me to take AC. To the point where I considered going first but the only first they offer if from London, after they force you to fly AC there. Don't know if it's my perception but this has become even more annoying in the last couple of month (shortly after merger proposal ?)

I'm looking towards Dec 20th and can't seem to find anything even when the day just opens up. In a very recent past there was a tons of seats open for that segment. Thanks for any advice.

Maybe there aren't seats on the day you want.

As for routing, you could be creative and look at something like......

P.S. no one is "forcing" you to take anything. On behalf of a friend, I spent a lot of time looking for SIN-SFO. Every single date for months, the main options were with CA via PEK. No idea why. Either you keep looking or you find other options.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:59 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Air China doesn't fly to yyz, only yul and yvr.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Yes, CA flies from Montreal, not Toronto,
If you want non-stop, it is only AC and HU.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by m.y
Air China doesn't fly to yyz, only yul and yvr.
​​​
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Yes, CA flies from Montreal, not Toronto,
If you want non-stop, it is only AC and HU.
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't fly CA and I don't fly to PEK, so I don't pay close attention to the route.

Perhaps OP didn't know as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.