Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet Trolls AC hard...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

A reminder seems necessary that this isn't the aforementioned 'deflategate' thread so let's not veer off on that tangent please as there's already an active thread on that topic in this forum.

tcook052
AC forum mod.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Staying somewhat on topic, one thing to take into account is WS's new international J product which I believe will be launched soon. Would this have much of an impact on AC's premium pax revenue for the routes WS flies with this? If I were the high spend pax based out of YYZ who flies regularly to London and prefer the lie-flat non-stop service only AC has offered so far, I may very well take a look at WS's offering. If they could deliver a J experience that is somewhat compelling with lie flat seats that don't turn into park benches, then hey, maybe I'll move over to WS. At that point perhaps AC will be forced to either fix their "hard" product or lower their J fares to remain competitive to WS.
You'll have to wait at least another year before WS launches any 787 service from YYZ, unless they shift a frame to YYZ in the winter 2019 schedule.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
You'll have to wait at least another year before WS launches any 787 service from YYZ, unless they shift a frame to YYZ in the winter 2019 schedule.
Yikes! I was under the impression that WS was already accepting deliveries for these aircraft this year to begin their TATL J service. Is it rolling out in the West first (i.e. YYC) then heading eastwards? If so, it seems rather foolish to do so that way since the J market to Europe is way bigger out of YYZ or YUL than YYC.

Has there been any word about WS revamping their FFP to make it suck less (i.e. provide more than a couple lounge and seat assignment vouchers to their most frequent fliers?) It's one thing to claim WS is trolling AC with the commercial it's another to say hey they're actually doing something to put their program on the same level as an Altitude or heck even a WN Rewards!

-James

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 2, 2019 at 6:13 pm Reason: off topic
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Yikes! I was under the impression that WS was already accepting deliveries for these aircraft this year to begin their TATL J service. Is it rolling out in the West first (i.e. YYC) then heading eastwards? If so, it seems rather foolish to do so that way since the J market to Europe is way bigger out of YYZ or YUL than YYC.

Has there been any word about WS revamping their FFP to make it suck less (i.e. provide more than a couple lounge and seat assignment vouchers to their most frequent fliers?) It's one thing to claim WS is trolling AC with the commercial it's another to say hey they're actually doing something to put their program on the same level as an Altitude or heck even a WN Rewards!

-James
both question are under discussion already. In the WS FT forum.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by tcook052
both question are under discussion already. In the WS FT forum.
Lot's of interesting reading in the WS forum, including a lot of recent griping about things getting much worse (food, gold benefits, etc).

Having stability in the FF plan can only get WS so far.

Reading things over there, it makes it hard to believe that WS will mount a serious challenge to AC J unless they go for a real price advantage. I encourage interested folks to take a gander, and not just to please the mods by having the right conversation in the right place .
tcook052 and 24left like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by smallmj
and not just to please the mods by having the right conversation in the right place .
Brown nose!
CZAMFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.