Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Iceland's WOW air sells four A321ceo to Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iceland's WOW air sells four A321ceo to Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
looks like one of these without J is flying the flight I would want.
Aren't all of the WW aircraft that AC is getting the same in that there is no J?
Old May 14, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
How bad are these planes? I've got a flight to Saskatoon -- looks like one of these without J is flying the flight I would want. Might just take WestJet. Any feedback?
None of them are flying for rouge yet, so it’s anybody’s guess for now. It’s not clear what cabin mods (if any) have been done. I suspect paint and wifi are the only things done...but that’s a guess.

Edit: I take that back...some, if not all are flying...we’ll.have to wait for a trip report.

Last edited by ChrisA330; May 14, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Old May 15, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
None of them are flying for rouge yet, so it’s anybody’s guess for now. It’s not clear what cabin mods (if any) have been done. I suspect paint and wifi are the only things done...but that’s a guess.

Edit: I take that back...some, if not all are flying...we’ll.have to wait for a trip report.
I am booked on one of these on June 4th. I will be happy to report back after the flight.
marke190 likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC, DL
C-GHPJ and C-GHQI have been in service for a couple of weeks now.

C-GHQG is due to enter service this afternoon operating YYZ-YQB.

I don't think there will be a noticeable difference from the other Rouge A321's, but will curious if anyone has first reports. C-GHPD appears to have been in Shannon for some weeks now, and I'd imagine it will be out of the hangar and in service quite shortly.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:57 pm

These seem to be showing up on the schedule now in an economy only configuration. My YUL-YYT on June 29 is now showing up an economy-only configuration. Very annoying for those who'd booked Premium Rouge or preferred seats and are now getting downgraded.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gcashin
These seem to be showing up on the schedule now in an economy only configuration. My YUL-YYT on June 29 is now showing up an economy-only configuration. Very annoying for those who'd booked Premium Rouge or preferred seats and are now getting downgraded.
Y customers should be happy more space
Old May 19, 2019, 9:19 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gcashin
I would say there is a 50 50 chance that no Premium Rouge rev seats have even been purchased this far out anyways.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by 5mm

I would say there is a 50 50 chance that no Premium Rouge rev seats have even been purchased this far out anyways.
I had 2 seats booked in Premium rouge on the YUL-YYT flight noted above. The cabin may not have been full, but there were bookings for Premium rouge, and if folks don't receive or look at schedule change notifications closely, they'll be in for a surprise, as there's been no communication of the downgrade beyond the standard schedule notification process, where folks would need to notice that their seat assignments are now in economy.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:38 pm

Do we have FIN numbers for those? According to the AC app, I am flying on FIN 478 shortly but can't find the corresponding registration anywhere.

EDIT - apparently FIN 478 is C-GHQI, formerly known as TF-DAD when it was operating for WOW. Interestingly (to me, at least) I’ve flown this bird back in November when it was still pinkish-purple on the YUL-KEF route.

Last edited by jasdou; Jun 4, 2019 at 2:06 pm
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330

Originally Posted by jasdou
I am booked on one of these on June 4th. I will be happy to report back after the flight.
On board FIN 478 right now. Rouge paint job, Rouge seats, airplane looks fresh and clean.

Pictures of row 21 and 22:

ChrisA330, tcook052 and YVR72 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by jasdou
On board FIN 478 right now. Rouge paint job, Rouge seats, airplane looks fresh and clean.
Too bad about the rouge seats. I don't know what used parts bin AC went to when they selected those seats but I've never seen brand new seats that are so awful both in terms of how they look and feel.

The high density seats used by LH are way better IMHO, and while I never flew WOW, I have to believe that theirs were better too.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by The Lev
Too bad about the rouge seats. I don't know what used parts bin AC went to when they selected those seats but I've never seen brand new seats that are so awful both in terms of how they look and feel.

The high density seats used by LH are way better IMHO, and while I never flew WOW, I have to believe that theirs were better too.
Can't be worse than what is on the MAX.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev

Is it just me or they look like the original Wow seats with different seat covers to match the rest of the fleet? I'm pretty sure the original Rouge seats have headrests instead of antimacassars.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by elmerjrg
Is it just me or they look like the original Wow seats with different seat covers to match the rest of the fleet? I'm pretty sure the original Rouge seats have headrests instead of antimacassars.
Yes, based on the pictures I took in the cabin when we flew this plane in November, they are the same seats as what WW used but with Rouge upholstery. Most likely AC just replaced the purple faux-leather with grey cloth in those planes to match with Rouge branding. Carpet was also changed from WOW-branded purple to standard AC blue-grey.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Interesting, All Y first row starts at 12. Only the window in 22 is considered extra room. The map is on the AC web site as Rouge A321 vs 2.
Seat assignments after an eqpt swap should be interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.