Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330: 9A better than 2K or 3K?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
A330: 9A better than 2K or 3K?

Quick question that a search did not help 100%. Flying to AMS in a couple days in a 330 and the only seat on the A site free is 9A. SeatGuru says don't, but I am not always one to believe SeatGuru. There are a few seats on the K side free.

Plan is to zonk out shortly after takeoff from YYZ.

Thoughts?

-Brian
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by briantoronto
Quick question that a search did not help 100%. Flying to AMS in a couple days in a 330 and the only seat on the A site free is 9A. SeatGuru says don't, but I am not always one to believe SeatGuru. There are a few seats on the K side free.

Plan is to zonk out shortly after takeoff from YYZ.

Thoughts?

-Brian

I like the right side of the plane as people tend to walk up and down on the left side of the plane and not the right! I like 3K and that is my choice as if there is a plane downgrade or upgrade with the wide body aircraft 3K always exist.

Seatguru is OK, but its based on people opinions and we know people are funny!

Good luck and Merry Christmas
briantoronto likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Bin space is an issue on the right side, they are small on the A333 and no overhead for the middle seats only window side. Left side has only window seats so you have a bin overhead. Right side you have isle and window and lots of time there full before you even get to your seat. But if you line up early for boarding you should be good.
briantoronto and capedreamer like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
9A is great. More private than the other seats.
DNAwizard and briantoronto like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
9A wins. Full stop.
briantoronto likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: AC*E50K, OZ*S, KL
9A has some additional storage space as well. Best seat for zonking out!
briantoronto likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:43 pm

I’ll tack my questions onto this thread...

9 G & K or 1 G & K, for two people traveling on this aircraft? Or, 7G and 8G?

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by arf04

Thanks!
The last row of each widebody XM J cabin has basically a wall from floor to ceiling which requires the person to always lean forward to attempt to grab the attention of someone seated in the corresponding seat across the aisle... and that person has to do the same.

So if you plan on talking or making hand signals, my suggestion is to do something 1G/K (or any other row G/K)...

If you're not well aware, the person in 7G would have to crank their neck in order to talk to 8G... but one "hack", if you will, is that 7G can set their seat to complete lie flat and then plant their butt on the headrest part to have a near-head-to-head conversation with 8G.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
The last row of each widebody XM J cabin has basically a wall from floor to ceiling which requires the person to always lean forward to attempt to grab the attention of someone seated in the corresponding seat across the aisle... and that person has to do the same.

So if you plan on talking or making hand signals, my suggestion is to do something 1G/K (or any other row G/K)...

If you're not well aware, the person in 7G would have to crank their neck in order to talk to 8G... but one "hack", if you will, is that 7G can set their seat to complete lie flat and then plant their butt on the headrest part to have a near-head-to-head conversation with 8G.
Thanks! I guess I’m less worried about talking to each other as I am to getting some peace to sleep. It’s been a while since I was in J on the 330 and I don’t recall if rows 1 and 9 are prone to galley noise or not.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by arf04

Thanks!
Traffic has been vastly reduced by 9G/9K largely due to the removal of the lavatory @ R2 and galley activity is very minimal. 9K has the added post/barrier for privacy and noise reduction.
canolakid and Santander like this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Traffic has been vastly reduced by 9G/9K largely due to the removal of the lavatory @ R2 and galley activity is very minimal. 9K has the added post/barrier for privacy and noise reduction.
Thanks! We are in 9G and K, which I will stick with at this point. I’m pretty sure I’ve been in 9K before, a few years back, and it was super quiet.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Row 9 doesn’t have a window BTW. But, best seat in the fleet for sleeping - like a cocoon.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
The last row on the XM config has always been nice. The risk is you get swapped to a 787 and end up in the middle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.