Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Free Meals on AC Domestic Flights that's part of a international itinerary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Meals on AC Domestic Flights that's part of a international itinerary?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by j2simpso
It's debatable. Certainly within North America to within North America it's valid since it's a WHTI compliant form of identification. Outside The region then yeah. Doesn't hurt to try!

Safe Travels,

James
WHTI is a USA concept.

Completely off topic, but as per the Government of Canada:

International transportation companies such as airlines may require travellers to present a passport before boarding. Canadian citizens may face delays or may not be allowed to board the plane or other conveyance if they present other documents such as a:
  • Enhanced Driver's License (EDL)/Enhanced Identification Card (EIC)
  • NEXUS card (used where the program is available)
  • Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card used in FAST lanes
  • Canadian citizenship card
  • Certificate of Indian Status
  • Birth certificate in combination with either a driver's licence or a government-issued photo identification
Transportation companies, i.e. airlines, can have different requirements. Why make life difficult if you know a passport will for sure work?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by songsc
The exact rule is that if you travel on a direct (same flight number, doesn’t have to be non stop) international flight with a domestic segment, then LT07 will show up on your BP so you can get a free meal for the domestic Y segment.

AC33/34 is the most common one. YYZ-YOW/YUL-Europe flights I am not sure how it works as the domestic segment is very short.
AC834/835 is the only YYZ-YUL-Europe flight, but there is no food in Y due to the flight length. The only other flight this applies to is AC9/10, where you are entitled to a meal on the YYZ-YYC portion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.