Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PPS Service on AC?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by global happy traveller
IME - SQ is less lenient with deviating from SOP to offer you extras or do something unique (i.e. Op-ups, first class wine etc), cause they are rule sticklers lol.
Which begs the question, is it better to be on an airline that has good SOPs which they stick to religiously or one with less than desirable SOPs which they deviate from frequently?

-James
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If the rules are good, I want them to be followed. If they're not, I don't.

Having flown both airlines, I'm not convinced either has the right balance.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:03 pm

Practically speaking, we did not find much value aside from the annual gift for reaching PPS solitaire and the companion card. Seldom use the porter service because we travel light on our vacations or they were business trips.

Experience wise, there was nothing to brag home about, unless you like attention. Many of the people we knew liked to keep a low profile when traveling (sure there will always be a few that loves to be flashy - we joke about the wannabes).

Y premeal order is the same experience as special meals.... they come over..... ask what you want discreetly (no different from confirming your special meal) and send a tray your way at the same time as special meal.

Like ILuvSQ mentioned, GHT Sr was short of lifetime status by 1-2 year as well when they scrapped the policy and left a bad taste in our family about loyalty programs. Our family friends had to sue SQ for the grandfather clause - not sure about the ending.

Oh yes, you also get a PPS sticker on your boarding pass!

Also, GHT Sr had more upgrades on CX as Marco Polo club member or UA as full fare J than SQ PPS solitaire.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:05 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm not sure if your comparison would/could be apples to apples...

Many other airports worldwide offer *G services such as Fast Track security for *G at NRT, and it isn't necessarily airline specific.

LH treats all *G "like" F and all *G get to use LH F services including check-in, IRROPS, etc. (except for things like FRA FCT, but you get the gist)

And I don't see UA doing this type of thing for *Gs... my treatment as *G on UA is rather pedestrian.

If you can compare a NA *A airline to AC, then I'd consider it more apples to apples, IMHO.
But remember Air Canada is not competing with NA carriers. No, they are competing with the upscale Asian and European carriers.

They've repeatedly said so.

"Air Canada - at least we're not as bad as United!"
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:08 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by global happy traveller

AC on the other hand is based on personality not status. That is if you are AC*G with a crappy attitude, your just another passenger. However if you have a great attitude they will come and assist you.
Does service follow attitude?

Or attitude follow service?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer
Does service follow attitude?

Or attitude follow service?
IME service follow attitude.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.