US to CA CRJ-200 Gate Check Rules

Old Dec 12, 18, 6:39 am
Original Poster

US to CA CRJ-200 Gate Check Rules

I've got an upcoming two week trip, CVG -> YYZ -> ZRH, and the first CVG -> YYZ leg is on a CRJ-200. My wife and I always travel with backpacks as carryon's, however, I'm assuming we may need to gate check. Are there any special rules with going international (US to CA) where they won't allow gate checked bags and they'll make us check them all the way through to ZRH? I'd be fine if we only have to gate check the first leg and we can retrieve our bags when we land at YYZ. Just hoping not to have to check it all the way through to ZRH.
Old Dec 12, 18, 7:22 am

Programs: CX MPC GO, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Skychecks are available on CRJ200 including US -> CA routes

Last edited by etkuo; Dec 12, 18 at 9:05 am
Old Dec 12, 18, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Perfect, thanks for the help!
Old Dec 12, 18, 7:33 am

At CVG, I would be careful and ask if gate-check is to YYZ or to final destination
Old Dec 12, 18, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyWhere View Post
At CVG, I would be careful and ask if gate-check is to YYZ or to final destination
Yeah, I definitely will. I was just hoping to have a conclusive answer before even going to the airport in case I decided to change my luggage based on it. I'll probably just go with the backpacks and hope for the best.
Old Dec 12, 18, 7:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
They should still offer a sky check service on the CRJ... you leave your bag at the boarding door and they return it to you when you arrive at the end of the flight, assuming your bag is too big for the bins or under your seat.

Gate check, where they put a checked luggage tag on your bag, tags your bag for your final destination.
Old Dec 12, 18, 8:02 am
Original Poster

You're correct, I was misusing the term gate check. "Sky check" or valet would be what I'm hoping for. Gate check is what I'm trying to avoid.
Old Dec 12, 18, 8:55 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hensleyrob View Post
You're correct, I was misusing the term gate check. "Sky check" or valet would be what I'm hoping for. Gate check is what I'm trying to avoid.
The CRJ has sky check.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: