Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Seats Available for Upgrade vs You Will Be Waitlisted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

I'm mapping out some long-haul flights in March and hoping to use some eUps along the way. Searching for YYZ to TLV, I did the search, then clicked the "Display Options" link, and chose to apply the eUpgrade filter, indicating that I'm Super Elite. When I do that, every fare says, "Seats available for upgrade between Toronto (YYZ) and Tel Aviv (TLV)." That's true for Standard, Flex, Latitude, and both Premium Economy fares. I would expect that some or all of them would say, "You Will be Waitlisted between YYZ and TLV." Yet none do. Is that a bug in system? Without consulting ExpertFlyer, how can I know if there's really upgrade space available so I can book Latitude or PE Flexible to get an immediate upgrade?

(I'm not sure if it's at all relevant, but I'm mapping a multi-city itinerary where I'd return home via FCO. It is also showing "Seats available for upgrade between Rome (FCO) and Toronto (YYZ)" for every fare.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
If the AC website says there is space then that indicates there is R space. And although I hear this isn’t reliable if you are booking a fully refundable fare you could just cancel if it doesn’t work. You’re also within the 24 hour window.

All the said, that sounds like a pain so I’d firstly find and post in the thread that allows requests for checking R space on flights (or sign up for a EF trial). Then I’d phone AC and say I want to book this and instantly upgrade and have them do it all there and then
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
I was looking for a flight to Europe last night and did the same. The website told me the same for all flight including codeshares only so I wouldn't rely on it too much.

I don't regret my EF subscription, just do it
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I know other threads exist with the same topic.
Anyway, FYI, this has been covered here and yes, the website is not reliable in this regard (amongst other the things).

You need to consult tools like EF, KVS, BCD, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.