Question: domestic lounge at YYC?

Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
@24left and Bohemian1

Thanks a lot for the detailled information and the pictures.

A bit of food, a drink and a good apron view is all I need, so looking forward to my stay at the lounge.

Just find it odd that they stick so closely to very limited “lunch hours” at an airline lounge, where people from completely different time zones come together. Particularly at a lounge in a country that has several different time zones in its own borders.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldclubber
@24left and Bohemian1

Thanks a lot for the detailled information and the pictures.

A bit of food, a drink and a good apron view is all I need, so looking forward to my stay at the lounge.

Just find it odd that they stick so closely to very limited “lunch hours” at an airline lounge, where people from completely different time zones come together. Particularly at a lounge in a country that has several different time zones in its own borders.
It's not odd if you realize the only reason you get that quality of food is that it's the international lounges for flights that all leave shortly after lunch ends.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:30 am

Last I was in YYC MLL during food purgatory, about a year ago, they had quite a tasty chilli amongst the soups too.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's not odd if you realize the only reason you get that quality of food is that it's the international lounges for flights that all leave shortly after lunch ends.
That’s what is odd to me: a domestic lounge that only caters to the small proportion of international fliers?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eracerblue
Last I was in YYC MLL during food purgatory, about a year ago, they had quite a tasty chilli amongst the soups too.
Thank you, that’s good to hear.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldclubber

That’s what is odd to me: a domestic lounge that only caters to the small proportion of international fliers?
I don't understand what you mean.

What part of YYC is worse than YYZ Dom?

It's a strictly better experience for domestic fliers than the other domestic lounges in the network.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold

It's a strictly better experience for domestic fliers than the other domestic lounges in the network.
I miss the omelette station
King Chung Huang likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by eracerblue
The Chili isn't always there. I find YEG consistently has the good Chili though.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Yup, I'm in the YYC MLL right now, and there's no chili. Chicken noodle soup and cream of mushroom are currently available.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Tonight’s dinner: Red Thai Chili Chicken on rice at the chef station. Mixed beans and deconstructed lasagna in the serving trays.

Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Tonight’s dinner: Red Thai Chili Chicken on rice at the chef station. Mixed beans and deconstructed lasagna in the serving trays.
Wow, I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
As noted in the MLL Food thread, the soup/chili offerings are rotated more frequently than the non-purgatory fare. The YYC MLL is no exception.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Most of my lounge visits are in Europe (LH Senator lounges and the like) and I never had the impression there is a food purgatory between lunch and dinner there, so I was surprised it would exist in a country with different time zones, i.e. it’s always breakfast/lunch/dinner time somewhere.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

​​​​​​Ha. I'm here right now.

Might be too early for the fresh food. (1700 local time).

The red Thai chili soup is good though.

Pulled pork in the tray. I didn't try it because we just had pulled pork at our house yesterday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.