Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

odd display of flight details on web site

Old Dec 8, 18, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver

I have a YVR-EWR trip booked over the holidays which has an odd display appearance on aircanada.com

It was ticketed way back in the summer, and there have been a couple of schedule changes (minor adjustments of 15 minutes or less) since ticketing.

Now that the Christmas holidays are approaching, I've checked in on the booking via Air Canada's web site and noticed an anomaly. While the outbound leg looks as expected, the return flight AC 549, appears twice under "Details" of my booking. Two 787-9s appear on the screen with the exact same timings for arrival and departure.
Also, under the "Seats" column in the booking information that follows my name, the flight number appears twice - once with the correct seat allocation (Premium economy) and once with no seat indicated after AC 549, just a dash ' "-"

Do FT sages see any significance to this odd display of my return flight display? Is any preventive action called for on my part?
Old Dec 8, 18, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight showing twice is standard when there is some schedule change, and while the file has not been cleaned up. First is old schedule, second is new. First should disappear eventually.

Has been like that for ages ad widely reported on FT.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 8, 18, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Flight showing twice is standard when there is some schedule change, and while the file has not been cleaned up. First is old schedule, second is new. First should disappear eventually.

Has been like that for ages ad widely reported on FT.
Thanks for the perspective. Glad to read that the problem is benign. I've not seen this discussion on the AC board, although I don't check in here as religiously as some other sections of FT.
Old Dec 8, 18, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
Thanks for the perspective. Glad to read that the problem is benign. I've not seen this discussion on the AC board, although I don't check in here as religiously as some other sections of FT.
But be careful that the rebooked flight works for you.

Once I had a schedule change on a flight that's not daily and they changed days. So they kept the YYC-YYZ as originally booked but delayed the next flight by 24 hours. Getting me to arrive past my meeting. Plus, since that was on a pass and these were the only AC flights, they refused to accommodate me on other airlines. In the end, since my actual destination was halfway between two airports, I switched to the other city. Roughly same train ride.