Wiki Posts
Search

SE toll free number in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2003, 6:24 pm
At Large
Original Poster

SE toll free number in Europe

Just completing my third trip to Europe this year and on each trip have had need to speak to the SE desk.But alas there is no way to use the toll free number on the back of the card in any place in Europe I've been this year. Seems strange.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by parnel:
Just completing my third trip to Europe this year and on each trip have had need to speak to the SE desk.But alas there is no way to use the toll free number on the back of the card in any place in Europe I've been this year. Seems strange.</font>
parnel, if you still don't have a number, why don't you try calling Canada Direct and then route through a Concierge number if you don't have the direct SE number.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 4:20 am
At Large
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
parnel, if you still don't have a number, why don't you try calling Canada Direct and then route through a Concierge number if you don't have the direct SE number.</font>
That's not toll free---I called the local Montreal number on my card, collect, and they accepted the charge. Since I was in the UK at the time I also called the London toll free regular number but had to wait what seemed like forever for it to answer.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fair enough that it's not toll free, but as long as you're not paying the charge, why should you really care?
Old Jun 18, 2003, 11:05 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Can the regular AP centre connect you to the SE desk? At least I never had any problems to reach the AP centre by calling the Elite-No. on the back of my card from Germany - toll free.

[This message has been edited by ACflyerDE (edited 06-18-2003).]
Old Jun 18, 2003, 12:20 pm
At Large
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ACflyerDE:
Can the regular AP centre connect you to the SE desk? At least I never had any problems to reach the AP centre by calling the Elite-No. on the back of my card from Germany - toll free.

[This message has been edited by ACflyerDE (edited 06-18-2003).]
</font>
You maybe calling the number from your home or office--I'm doing it from a hotel usually.
YOWkid yes if you call collect it is free but why the hassle and why a number that does not work when you need it.LHR AC staff would not forward me to the SE desk.They were pretty blunt about it.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
SAS got a smart solution for this. When one calls their regular phone number they will ask for a EB card number (which is just punched in with your phone), *G and *S will get a fast track thru the que without needing to call any special number

Gustaf
Old Jun 18, 2003, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean the 00-800 toll-free number?

Could be that some hotels would have disabled it, although I doubt it.

But from pay phones I never had a problem using it in the past. Although I don't think I ever used it this year.

Old Jun 18, 2003, 1:43 pm

Welcome to FT Stranger
Old Jun 18, 2003, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My pleasure
Old Jun 18, 2003, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

There is something called: "Access Code" for the specific country in question that you need to dial. Sometimes, it matters which part of country you call from or what company you use as well. In any case, call collect, and SE line will always take it.

To find out about Access Code, consult the SE booklet.
Old Jun 18, 2003, 5:56 pm
At Large
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Guava:
There is something called: "Access Code" for the specific country in question that you need to dial. Sometimes, it matters which part of country you call from or what company you use as well. In any case, call collect, and SE line will always take it.

To find out about Access Code, consult the SE booklet.
</font>
I know about the access code but it does not work from most hotels in UK
Old Jun 18, 2003, 6:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gustaf:
SAS got a smart solution for this. When one calls their regular phone number they will ask for a EB card number (which is just punched in with your phone), *G and *S will get a fast track thru the que without needing to call any special number

Gustaf
</font>
Ah yes, well, AC hasn't got it altogether quite yet like SAS apparently does. AC LOVES to pay for new toll-free phone numbers and fax numbers every March for their Prestige *S, Elite *G and Super Elite *G members.

Old Jun 18, 2003, 8:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
A couple of months ago, I had no problems calling the toll-free number from Austria or Switzerland, using the access numbers for those countries, first. I am an Elite member.

The problem (unless one wants to call AC reservations direct, or via Canada Direct - either option of course is associated with a cost) is that although there is an Aeroplan menu option for AC reservations (including upgrade requests) - when you punch in that number, you get a prerecorded voice that states thay you have to dial AC reservations, directly. At least in the Vienna or Geneva phonebooks, there was no local number for AC reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.