Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC - DC companion ticket certificate

Old Jun 18, 03, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, AA

What are the latest conditions on the AC-DC certificate (second ticket free). I think there was change to the conditions - fare class ?.
Tour Code M2DBF19112
Thanks for any info.
Old Jun 18, 03, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Companion ticket can now be used on intra-Canada flights.

Coupon only good on departures from Canada.

For Canada and the US, including Hawaii, coupon good on J,Y, C, B, and M fares. For the rest of the world, must be J, Y or S (Supercomfort).

[This message has been edited by RevvedUp (edited 06-18-2003).]
Old Jun 18, 03, 3:01 pm
At Large

I just travelled to the UK last week and tried to use the 2 for 1 and in the end found out it was cheaper to buy two separate tickets one way in Y return in B for less money than they wanted to sell C.We wanted to be up front so Y in that deal was useless. Also they only had J for sale on the flt we wanted to leave from YYC to LHR. And as we were going up to MAN they wouldn't sell me the DC ticket for the BD code share. So its not really easy to use these.
Old Jun 18, 03, 3:13 pm

I used mine before the rules became more liberal to fly from YYZ-HNL. At the time, a J ticket was approximately $3,000 vs. $2,200 for Y, so it turned out to be a great deal - $1,500 each person for J seats.
Old Jun 18, 03, 3:21 pm

AC-DC? Shouldn't this be in the "Happy in Toronto" thread?

Well, it is "hump" day.
Old Jun 18, 03, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jono:
I used mine before the rules became more liberal to fly from YYZ-HNL. At the time, a J ticket was approximately $3,000 vs. $2,200 for Y, so it turned out to be a great deal - $1,500 each person for J seats.</font>
Now you could use it for C to HNL,which looks to be about $2,300 from YYZ. This seems like just about the best use for the cert.
Old Jun 18, 03, 6:47 pm
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jono:
I used mine before the rules became more liberal to fly from YYZ-HNL. At the time, a J ticket was approximately $3,000 vs. $2,200 for Y, so it turned out to be a great deal - $1,500 each person for J seats.</font>
I was told last week the rules were no upgrades for the companion ticket and the primary ticket as well.You travel in the class of ticket you buy.
Old Jun 18, 03, 6:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by parnel:
I was told last week the rules were no upgrades for the companion ticket and the primary ticket as well.You travel in the class of ticket you buy.</font>
We didn't upgrade - I bought one J ticket for $3,000, then got another for free. That's how I figure they were $1,500 each for J tickets. The trick was that they had to booked in C class, so even though there were J seats available on most flights, it was tricky finding direct YYZ-HNL with C seats. I ended up booking the direct flight one way but connecting through Vancouver on the return. When I found out a week after ticketing that they had cancelled my outbound direct flight and rebooked me through a Vancouver connection outbound as well, I kindly asked that they rebook me on direct flights both ways for the inconvenience - and they agreed despite not being anymore C seats on the direct flights.

I hope the direct YYZ-HNL will return this winter.

[This message has been edited by Jono (edited 06-18-2003).]

Search this Thread