Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Any experience with Economy Flex (L) fares?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Any experience with Economy Flex (L) fares?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, AS, BA, SPG
Any experience with Economy Flex (L) fares?

Hi there - flew a segment last week in "Economy Flex (L)" fare and was only credited 50% of the miles. My understanding is that Flex is always 100%, and the website agrees with me. Aeroplan is saying they agree with me (should be 100%), but that it's Air Canada's problem as it is coded incorrectly. Air Canada is saying they agree with me (should be 100%), but that it's Aeroplan's problem as it's missing miles. Suggestions/experience?

Last edited by whitedonkey11; Dec 6, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by whitedonkey11
Hi there - flew a segment last week in "Economy Flex (L)" fare and was only credited 50% of the miles. My understanding is that Flex is always 100%, and the website agrees with me. Aeroplan is saying they agree with me (should be 100%, but that it's Air Canada's problem as it is coded incorrectly. Air Canada is saying they agree with me (should be 100%), but that it's Aeroplan's problem as it's missing miles. Suggestions/experience?
Which flight/route?
Who is the ticketing airline?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada on Air Canada metal. MEX-YVR.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Watching this carefully. Flying MEX-YVR in Flex soon...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

I've finally found someone on the phone at AC who knows what they're doing. Seems like the Flex (L) fare is a new one, and it's glitchy...still coding as Standard, i.e. 50% miles. So I have to go through Aeroplan to escalate to Air Canada Customer Relations to get this credited. Problem is that Customer Relations just wrote back to me saying "we don't deal with missing miles for flown segments, please contact Aeroplan." Around and around we go...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by whitedonkey11
I've finally found someone on the phone at AC who knows what they're doing. Seems like the Flex (L) fare is a new one, and it's glitchy...still coding as Standard, i.e. 50% miles. So I have to go through Aeroplan to escalate to Air Canada Customer Relations to get this credited. Problem is that Customer Relations just wrote back to me saying "we don't deal with missing miles for flown segments, please contact Aeroplan." Around and around we go...
This has happened to me (albeit for a comfort fare that didn't credit properly), and the Aeroplan Customer Service Rep advised me to do the following...
- Go to aircanada.com
- Click on upper right tab, "Assistance"
- Under Customer Relations, click on "send us an email"; this will open up a new page
- On this new page, under topic, choose "Complaint"
- For Subtopic, choose "Ticket fare and conditions"
- Fill in the remainder of the information requested and upload your documentation.
When I did this, and submitted my ticket showing Comfort fare booking for all segments, but that I was only credited 25%, I did get a response from AC that they would rectify this by informing Aeroplan.
Ultimately, I saw a manual adjustment which gave me the remainder of the AQM (75%+15% Comfort bonus), although these adjusted AQM did not transfer into the MM total.
Good luck.
whitedonkey11 likes this.

Last edited by SteadyAT; Dec 6, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
This has happened to me (albeit for a comfort fare that didn't credit properly), and the Aeroplan Customer Service Rep advised me to do the following...
- Go to aircanada.com
- Under Customer Relations, click on "send us an email"; this will open up a new page
- Fill in the remainder of the information requested and upload your documentation.
When I did this, and submitted my ticket showing Comfort fare booking for all segments, but that I was only credited 25%, I did get a response from AC that they would rectify this by informing Aeroplan.
Ultimately, I saw a manual adjustment which gave me the remainder of the AQM (75%+15% Comfort bonus), although these adjusted AQM did not transfer into the MM total.
Good luck.
Thank you! Hugely helpful.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SteadyAT
- Go to aircanada.com
Good luck.
They are capable of crediting AQM that are MM-eligible, so I'd push for that.
D582 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They are capable of crediting AQM that are MM-eligible, so I'd push for that.
Thanks - I did request that they be added to MM counter, and still waiting for response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.