Search

Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by canopus27
Swept up to which level?
from 25 to 35k

but those numbers for any level imo should be the type of numbers AC wants to recognize and encourage.

same mentality for this yr for example would see AC lose money, as why fly AC in dec if no benefit going from 86 to 96 aqm and already beyond aqd we would just try another carrier
should be common sense for ac imo
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Wife was not swept with 96% aqm and 300% aqd
thought ac would have looked favorably on that
Last year I was 98% AQS and ~250% AQD of E50K until much later than now - possibly into March. (This also happens to be 170% AQD of the next status up) I saw no recognition -mid/late Feb online, and then magically received a package in the mail late into March. There is still hope of it happening in due course, possibly more likely if she was previously E35K. That said, if she was not, and if it goes any later than the tail end of Feb, you can try emailing acaltitude revision to plead your case. I believe they stop actively monitoring and working on revisions around then.

Prepare yourself for a non-starter - but it doesn’t hurt to try... especially since there’s a new program in the wings. Good luck to you, and to us all with the new program!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by eracerblue

Last year I was 98% AQS and ~250% AQD of E50K until much later than now - possibly into March. (This also happens to be 170% AQD of the next status up) I saw no recognition -mid/late Feb online, and then magically received a package in the mail late into March. There is still hope of it happening in due course, possibly more likely if she was previously E35K. That said, if she was not, and if it goes any later than the tail end of Feb, you can try emailing acaltitude revision to plead your case. I believe they stop actively monitoring and working on revisions around then.

Prepare yourself for a non-starter - but it doesn’t hurt to try... especially since there’s a new program in the wings. Good luck to you, and to us all with the new program!
already sent altitude revisions a polite email.

Definitely ready for a non starter.
Last yr I was in that situation with 95% aqm for 35k and 300% aqd as fly almost exclusive ac. to boot I had a UA flight which wasnt posting miles despite having a BP in hand whch would have taken me over the threahold.

I received a polite email stating how exclusive status is and how they cant just hand it out, but "keep flying ac and you'll get there!"
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, Shangri-La & IHG Diamond, & Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Any of you guys know when the Elite card arrives in mail? I didn't meet the early recognition.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Swiftler
Any of you guys know when the Elite card arrives in mail? I didn't meet the early recognition.
@Swiftler

To the best of my knowledge here, they are still mailing them out, even for those who didn't meet the early recognition deadline last year.
Swiftler likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I just got a E35K package, yesterday! Though, I qualified for E50K in late December. I expect the package for that will arrive some time next month.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:14 am

I wonder if wifi access would ever be part of altitude benefits.
Having wifi access be part of altitude benefits would be more useful than 3x 32kg checked luggage? If I ever needed to check over 200lbs of luggage, I would gladly pay for it, but for the 95% of the time I'm not using this benefit, having free wifi would be a greater value to most pax imo.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:37 am

Having wifi access be part of altitude benefits would be more useful than 3x 32kg checked luggage? If I ever needed to check over 200lbs of luggage, I would gladly pay for it, but for the 95% of the time I'm not using this benefit, having free wifi would be a greater value to most pax imo.
Do you mean part of Select Privileges?

Good point, another useles option. I’m doubled up on a ton because of my CC: MLL access, checked bags, Zone 2, etc. It would be useful if that at least notched up something in AC Altitude 2.0 land (not talking about stacking - I rarely need one bag, let alone 5!)

SE100K’s have that option for the interwebs.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by eracerblue
.....SE100K’s have that option for the interwebs.
Indeed. I did not choose it as a benefit as the majority of AC aircraft I fly still don't have wifi so it's a waste for me. At least for now.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:54 am

I agree, that would make a nice select benefit! I actually haven't checked a single bag this decade.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC 50K
I agree totally agree about the wifi. However there are some of us who do check 200lbs of luggage on a regular basis and it's nice not to have to pay for it.
eracerblue, yyckerr and YVRYEGYVR like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by marchelli
I agree totally agree about the wifi. However there are some of us who do check 200lbs of luggage on a regular basis and it's nice not to have to pay for it.
That's where making it a select privilege would work: bags or WiFi.

Though, with extra bags being a Star Alliance Gold privilege, I'm not sure how that would work in reality.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:15 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Though, with extra bags being a Star Alliance Gold privilege, I'm not sure how that would work in reality.
Yeah, that's the flaw here.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

already sent altitude revisions a polite email.

Definitely ready for a non starter.
Last yr I was in that situation with 95% aqm for 35k and 300% aqd as fly almost exclusive ac. to boot I had a UA flight which wasnt posting miles despite having a BP in hand whch would have taken me over the threahold.

I received a polite email stating how exclusive status is and how they cant just hand it out, but "keep flying ac and you'll get there!"
Why didn't you just push to get the UA BP credited?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by marchelli
Yes! Luggage benefit is one of the most important to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.