Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits

Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Hopefully not a silly question but I just gotta ask: What's the point of lounge passes? If you already get lounge access and can guest someone in to a * lounge as a AC*Gold what's the point? I don't see other airlines like UA offering such a benefit! What am I missing here?

Safe Travels,

James
I am taking my whole family, 15 of us, on a trip at the end of the month. 2 will be gifted E50K. Some will need passes. A very generous member on here has helped me out with passes. My point is that, yes, passes can come in useful, even to a SE.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
We gift to those who do not have lounge access.
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I am taking my whole family, 15 of us, on a trip at the end of the month. 2 will be gifted E50K. Some will need passes. A very generous member on here has helped me out with passes. My point is that, yes, passes can come in useful, even to a SE.
I suppose that'll be more useful than the unlimited wifi benefit for SE's

-James
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
It did not work that way last year.
The 3MM have to wait, they know you'll be back for more so their not incentivized....(just kidding)
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Mine just arrived.
<snip>
This years cards and bag tags are all glossy, not matte. I like them much more. (I forgot to wipe the card before the photo, thus some lint)
<snip>
Along with the card and tags (still 4 for SE) are a duty free coupon, lounge passes and a privacy notice..
Got mine in the post yesterday. Personally, I preferred last year's mat/glossy combo to this year's.

The Concierge privacy notice was interesting.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I guess the mail is moving at a relaxes West Coast pace out here...
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by The Lev

The Concierge privacy notice was interesting.

Can you elaborate? Curious as a former SE.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Here is what the privacy insert says...

Originally Posted by danapop
It will get interesting when every company with a CRM system has to get your approval to retain data on you.
24left likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 21, 2018 at 9:55 am Reason: removed photo for privacy reasons
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
.....The Concierge privacy notice was interesting.
Originally Posted by danapop
Last year - or in my MM kit in July, there was the first privacy notice. In my post upthread, you can see part of it in my photo of the contents of the new SE kit. IIRC, the notice is also on the Altitude page, but since it only applies to SE100K, it may only show up for those members.

I will assume that the notice is there because of Canada's Privacy legislation and so on. Concierges sometimes have some personal information about us. I am 1000% fine with that as I am usually providing it and it will help them do what they need to do to help me. I made it clear to the concierge teams that privacy legislation looks nice on paper sometimes, but is not always practical in all situations where those providing a service such as AC Concierges, will have other info that we may have provided.

The notice essentially tells you that you can opt out.

EDIT TO ADD:
I was in the process of posting and did not see @The Lev's post above with the photo.

IMHO
As for retaining info, well AC and other airlines and hotels especially, have the basic info we give them when buying a ticket, providing cc's and ppt info. AThat's is not going away regardless of legislation. You may opt not to tell AC if you prefer aisle or window or a SPML, or tell a hotel you like foam pillows, but all of this legislation is not going to change the info we already hand over.

Last edited by 24left; Dec 21, 2018 at 8:32 am
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Interesting thanks! TBH, my initial thought was that it was going to be something about being SE gets you access to these services and services rendered are confidential, LOL.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:57 am

It will get interesting when every company with a CRM system has to get your approval to retain data on you.
Good to know AC is not tracking my sex life, sexual orientation nor trade union affiliation. The last thing I need is kompromat which will later be used against me. However, nowhere in that disclosure do they mention whether they track my habit of smoking asbestos laced cigarettes in the smoking section of the lounge. It's a personal decision everyone must make

Last year - or in my MM kit in July, there was the first privacy notice. In my post upthread, you can see part of it in my photo of the contents of the new SE kit. IIRC, the notice is also on the Altitude page, but since it only applies to SE100K, it may only show up for those members.
Initially I thought they included the disclosure given what happened to Cargo. However, given it's been disclosed earlier than that it looks like this must be done to be in compliance with the CDPR.

Safe Travels,

James

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 21, 2018 at 9:55 am Reason: edit quote
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm glad they'll use my sex life to determine my meal preference. Yum.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Didn't catch that! Looks like they're appealing to the Don Drapers of their community.

-James
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You get whipped cream on your omelette?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:56 am

Yeah, I'm thinking that if there was a Concierge who knew anything about my sex life, she would have personal reasons for wanting to keep that private.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:44 am

Last year’s tags were often printed misaligned. Anyone notice anything similar for 2019?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.