Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits

Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I use my own funds for my flights and I am after my 1 Million miles status which I should obtain in April or May 2019.

I am very good at money management and costs. Anyone with money can spend, there is no skill with that. Its when you don't have the money and you want to do the same thing. That is where the skill comes in. I love to have a career where i have paid travel, so free flying!
I keep my CPM very low to achieve my goals.

Perhaps AC is looking at my stats and trying and figuring out if I should be SE? If I had that non canadian Address I would be SE, but I do not have a cabin, or family member or cottage outside of Canada! I am Joe Canuck!
SteadyAT likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AC SE
Deleted

Last edited by northerncoalminer; Jan 14, 2019 at 4:56 pm Reason: wrongly posted
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Plumber
I just noticed the bolded wording 'first' below (bolding mine)

Banked Super Elite 100K status is automatically assigned in the first benefit year when published requirements for achieving Super Elite 100K status have not been met. Air Canada holds final authority as to the assigning of Banked Super Elite 100K status.

Does anyone read that to mean that you can only bank one year of future SE status ? Can I actually bank several years of SE?
I see how one might read it that way, but I don't. They assign the banked year when you don't hit SE. Then you have SE, so they don't use the second banked year.

Originally Posted by northerncoalminer
Anyone know if we can just use any foreign address to get the half AQD requirement even though one may only fly that route once or none per year. I would think AC would look at your routing and determine you don't actually live there...
"would" vs "could"

I doubt they'll do it unless/until it becomes a problem. Or if you suddenly change it when you're between 10k - 20k.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
I'm trying to pick my wife's benefits, she hit P25K last year (34000AQM... 10K AQD... no buy up offer).

When I login to her altitude, I don't see any "select benefits now" despite seeing P25K. Anyone know where I would be able to select the benefits for her?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by northerncoalminer
Anyone know if we can just use any foreign address to get the half AQD requirement even though one may only fly that route once or none per year. I would think AC would look at your routing and determine you don't actually live there...
I don't believe they verify. When I moved to the US I just changed my address in my altitude profile and that was it, no proof, scan, photocopy, email .. nothing. Online and the next day the AQD requirement changed (50%). But to be fair, I fly Canada/USA every other week (so that kind of proves my address? who knows).

and so what if you list an address in Washington DC for example and fly only once a year there, you might fly United or another carrier and use AC only for International travel whenever you do Canadian origin routes (and credit all those to your altitude/aeroplan). They really have no way of knowing unless they require proof of address, but as I said, I was never asked such a thing when I moved to the US.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I see how one might read it that way, but I don't. They assign the banked year when you don't hit SE. Then you have SE, so they don't use the second banked year.
Thanks. I did not read it that way until today- hence my pondering!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I use my own funds for my flights and I am after my 1 Million miles status which I should obtain in April or May 2019.

I am very good at money management and costs. Anyone with money can spend, there is no skill with that. Its when you don't have the money and you want to do the same thing. That is where the skill comes in. I love to have a career where i have paid travel, so free flying!
I keep my CPM very low to achieve my goals.

Perhaps AC is looking at my stats and trying and figuring out if I should be SE? If I had that non canadian Address I would be SE, but I do not have a cabin, or family member or cottage outside of Canada! I am Joe Canuck!
And there are other MMs, SEs, and SMs here who also do not rely on OPM as well. Many here seem to assume that an FF "clearly must be" flying OPM and "clearly must have" a muffintop (like my muffintop).
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
I'm trying to pick my wife's benefits, she hit P25K last year (34000AQM... 10K AQD... no buy up offer).

When I login to her altitude, I don't see any "select benefits now" despite seeing P25K. Anyone know where I would be able to select the benefits for her?

Thanks
It might not show up until they're confident she will actually be P25K.

At 34k AQM and well over the AQD, it would only take a short flight to post to officially bump her up. Or they might comp it.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
And there are other MMs, SEs, and SMs here who also do not rely on OPM as well. Many here seem to assume that an FF "clearly must be" flying OPM and "clearly must have" a muffintop (like my muffintop).
Hmm your comment made me take a quick look... (now that I have set up a spreadsheet, which was a project over the holidays)
Based on my 2018 activities, it looks like my AQM were achieved through: 70% my money + 30% OPM
But in terms of AQD: 38% paid with my money + 62% OPM. Often, when travelling for work, the bookings are made at much shorter notice.
Still nowhere as cost-efficient as @HerpaYvr with 9.3 cpm, but with my own money, I managed 12.3 cpm whereas OPM is a dismal 44 cpm.
OK that's enough analyzing...I could go on and on...

Back on topic, I will assume AC cares more about AQD for qualitifications
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Back on topic, I will assume AC cares more about AQD for qualitifications
I agree.

And to tie in the discussion from several posts back .... I also assume that if AC ever did discover that someone had cheated on their AQD requirements by lying about their home country - then the consequences for the cheater would be severe.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:51 pm

Do both the 250 mile minimum and altitude bonus will count towards the AQM?

Hi all, I have a question about exclusive rewards for a status holder like the 250 mile minimum and altitude bonus. I would like to know if both the 250 mile minimum and altitude bonus will count towards the AQM. I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this.
Thank you
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
Hi all, I have a question about exclusive rewards for a status holder like the 250 mile minimum and altitude bonus. I would like to know if both the 250 mile minimum and altitude bonus will count towards the AQM. I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this.
Thank you
Welcome to FT.

When you say Altitude Bonus, what do you mean exactly?

Are you referring to the AQMs earned (including any Class of Service (COS) bonus - is this the "Altitude Bonus" you mean?) for flying? If so, yes.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Welcome.

I think the OP is referring to the select privileges tier bonus aeroplan miles. If that is the case, the bonus is not AQM.

The 250 minimum mile is; however, AQM.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danapop
Welcome.

I think the OP is referring to the select privileges tier bonus aeroplan miles. If that is the case, the bonus is not AQM.

Oh, in that case, agreed.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Welcome to FT.

When you say Altitude Bonus, what do you mean exactly?

Are you referring to the AQMs earned (including any Class of Service (COS) bonus - is this the "Altitude Bonus" you mean?) for flying? If so, yes.
Originally Posted by danapop
Welcome.

Yes, I was referring to the select privileges tier. That perfectly answers my question. I really appreciate the help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.