Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Altitude 2019-2020 Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by extvguyyyz
I made early 100k for the first time last fall. When I did - I got the new 100k bag tags, and it included some SPG lounge coupons to use.

I just got the 2019 mail with tags and AC lounge certificates - but it didn't include any SPG lounge coupons.

I'm wondering if they were just missing by mistake or if they are not distributing them for 2019.

thanks
SPG doesn't exist anymore and AFAIK there are no similar Starriott vouchers this year.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by yyznomad

SPG doesn't exist anymore and AFAIK there are no similar Starriott vouchers this year.
Marriott & SPG merged = Starriott...Lol!! good one..
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by james dean
Marriott & SPG merged = Starriott...Lol!! good one..
I didn't coin that portmanteau... it's been used in the old Marriott and SPG and now merged FT forums for the last year or so... the other one was Marriwood but Starriott stuck better with most.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:16 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Marriwood sounds so much better though, and is also more in keeping with the fact that Marriott bought Starwood. I'm shocked that the totally awkward "Starriott" seems to have stuck.

Regardless, I think there was some sort of note on the Altitude website about the SPG partnership ending a few months ago, wasn't there? Shame, given I've just achieved Marriwood Platinum status.
eracerblue and ffsim like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Now to ask another way...

Has anyone who qualified after Nov 1 received their tags?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Trying to figure out something WRT early recognition, and selecting current privileges.

I was E75K with the 75% bonus AE points, then got the early 100K with bonus miles selected. For the next year I didn’t select the bonus miles, but have a few flights to start 2019 before the end of February.

Can’t figure out if I will still get my bonus AE miles on these trips, as my dashboard only shows the new selections, and a week ago it referenced dates of Jan1 2019 to Dec31 2019 for privileges (typo?).

I’m assuming I would still be getting the bonus?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No, the bonus is based on calendar year.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm starting to lean towards the 12 month Gogo plan.

I don't need eUps. I don't really have anyone who could seriously benefit from E50K. I certainly don't need a lower requalification level (I have over 100k AQM booked or flown for 2019 already).

However, my travel on AC tends to be grouped into one month (EYW), or on aircraft that aren't currently equipped with wifi. I suppose in a few months that will change, but it's hard for me to make that selection when something like 6 of my last 6 flights have not had wifi.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Now to ask another way...

Has anyone who qualified after Nov 1 received their tags?
I was in the first sweep and don't have anything yet for 35K in the mail.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100, Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Anyone have a link to select privileges yet? I could use some of the upgrade credits for post March 1 flights
Just go to your Altitude Dashboard: https://altitude.aircanada.com/mystatus/dashboard

The select your privileges button is right in big red on the home page.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100, Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Million Mile Qualification Page:

https://altitude.aircanada.com/mystatus/million-mile

Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gurka
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29141279-post2930.html

And also in the Million Mile Lifetime Member wiki thread's wiki:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...ac-234.html#Q3

Last edited by yyznomad; Jan 8, 2019 at 10:50 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Can someone help me understand eUps? It’s been a while for me. I found two charts and if I am reading them correctly, they lowered the number of eUp credits but added a domestic/TB add-on? I am E35 and it looks like I will have to pay to use eups anytime I want to? I am always booked into flex.

So if that hat is the case, right now there is a promotion and it would be best for me to use them ASAP when there is not addon?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danapop
Can someone help me understand eUps? It’s been a while for me. I found two charts and if I am reading them correctly, they lowered the number of eUp credits but added a domestic/TB add-on? I am E35 and it looks like I will have to pay to use eups anytime I want to? I am always booked into flex.

So if that hat is the case, right now there is a promotion and it would be best for me to use them ASAP when there is not addon?
@danapop

Yes, it's been a perpetually extended promotion since 2015 or so...

2015 Fall eUpgrade Offer

New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares

But the current promo:
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html

Says eUpgrade requests to be made up to January 10, 2019 for transborder/domestic travel...

So get on it STAT!
danapop likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: AC SE
Still no red button for me as of this morning. Since I am downgrading from E75K to E50K, I am not in any hurry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.