Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Same-Day Change YYZ–ICN–TPE to YYZ–HKG–TPE in Business P

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Same-Day Change YYZ–ICN–TPE to YYZ–HKG–TPE in Business P

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Same-Day Change YYZ–ICN–TPE to YYZ–HKG–TPE in Business P

I'm flying from Toronto to Taipei, December 13, on a paid business P fare. The current routing is YYZ–ICN–TPE on AC 061 and AC 6534 (EVA). Is it possible to do a same-day change to YYZ–HKG–TPE on AC 015 and CX 472 or BR 856? I'm interested in getting into Taipei a bit earlier.

The non-AC operated segments make me unsure if this is possible or not. AC 017 (YVR–TPE) isn't flying that day, so there isn't an all Air Canada metal option.

I read through some past threads about same-day changes and codeshares (1, 2, 3, 4), but there isn't a clear answer to me. Any thoughts or experiences?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
SDC requires going from AC metal to AC metal.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
SDC requires going from AC metal to AC metal.
I'm under the impression that it's just the SDC fee and no fare difference on AC metal, not that it had to be on AC metal only. That said, I've never tried a SDC with non-AC metal, before.

From Air Canada International Flight Fare Options:

No additional charges for fare difference apply for changes made on the day of travel when flights are operated by Air Canada.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I'm flying from Toronto to Taipei, December 13, on a paid business P fare. The current routing is YYZ–ICN–TPE on AC 061 and AC 6534 (EVA). Is it possible to do a same-day change to YYZ–HKG–TPE on AC 015 and CX 472 or BR 856? I'm interested in getting into Taipei a bit earlier.

The non-AC operated segments make me unsure if this is possible or not. AC 017 (YVR–TPE) isn't flying that day, so there isn't an all Air Canada metal option.

I read through some past threads about same-day changes and codeshares (1, 2, 3, 4), but there isn't a clear answer to me. Any thoughts or experiences?
I don't know why SDC would''t be possible unless no seats at all on AC 15 and of course, paying the fare difference. I would actually call AC at least twice, speak to different agents and ask the question. And yes, the seats on the codeshare partners would have to be available as well and I am not sure the prices would be the same based on my experience.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:58 pm

No one you get on the phone will have ever performed a SDC, so it's not even worth asking. They don't work at the airport
Wings100 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
No one you get on the phone will have ever performed a SDC, so it's not even worth asking. They don't work at the airport
Silly me. How could I not know this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Lol, so true. I'll start with the ticket desk next week, and see how it goes.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:11 pm

Lol, so true. I'll start with the ticket desk next week, and see how it goes.
Since you are flying on an international business class ticket (Signature), you can try to see if you are allowed to use the concierge office at the business class check in.
Don't be surprised to be turned away if you are not SE. That office is exclusively for SE only. No harm to try.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Since you are flying on an international business class ticket (Signature), you can try to see if you are allowed to use the concierge office at the business class check in.
Don't be surprised to be turned away if you are not SE. That office is exclusively for SE only. No harm to try.
Thanks for the tip! I often forget that concierge service is technically available on paid international business fares.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thanks for the tip! I often forget that concierge service is technically available on paid international business fares.
Technically, Signature Service/Class only.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC SE
no chance i tried to yvr-tpe-hkg to yvr-hkg and couldnt be done
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I tried doing the same thing, although I went from

YYZ-YVR-TPE-SIN to YYZ-ICN-SIN and was told a solid no.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999
I tried doing the same thing, although I went from

YYZ-YVR-TPE-SIN to YYZ-ICN-SIN and was told a solid no.
You could change YYZ-YVR-ICN-SIN to YYZ-ICN-SIN, but as I said, the change needs to be from AC metal to AC metal.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
You could change YYZ-YVR-ICN-SIN to YYZ-ICN-SIN, but as I said, the change needs to be from AC metal to AC metal.
Yup

I can do a change like that only when AC finally flies to SIN!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I'm under the impression that it's just the SDC fee and no fare difference on AC metal, not that it had to be on AC metal only. That said, I've never tried a SDC with non-AC metal, before.

From Air Canada International Flight Fare Options:
The quote from AC you posted noted for flights operated by AC. You want to change non-AC operated flights. Unclear why you would think thats possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.