Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Upgrading on an Aeroplan Ticket

Question: Upgrading on an Aeroplan Ticket

Old Nov 29, 18, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors Silver, M-Bonvoy
Upgrading on an Aeroplan Ticket

I booked a flight using my family members Aeroplan account, and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to upgrade to biz class. Air Canada has a promotion on now that allows Aeroplan fares to be upgraded. The person whos Aeroplan points I used to book my flight has E50K. Not sure if it is possible for me to upgrade myself using his credits if I am not travelling with him, but because I booked using his Aeroplan account could it be? I think this is not possible, but I thought it best to ask the Flyertalk community first!
Old Nov 29, 18, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Will_YYT View Post
I booked a flight using my family members Aeroplan account, and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to upgrade to biz class. Air Canada has a promotion on now that allows Aeroplan fares to be upgraded. The person whos Aeroplan points I used to book my flight has E50K. Not sure if it is possible for me to upgrade myself using his credits if I am not travelling with him, but because I booked using his Aeroplan account could it be? I think this is not possible, but I thought it best to ask the Flyertalk community first!
Hi, unfortunately, given your described scenario, the answer is no...
codfather likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: