Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Upgrading on an Aeroplan Ticket

Question: Upgrading on an Aeroplan Ticket

Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Upgrading on an Aeroplan Ticket

I booked a flight using my family members Aeroplan account, and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to upgrade to biz class. Air Canada has a promotion on now that allows Aeroplan fares to be upgraded. The person whos Aeroplan points I used to book my flight has E50K. Not sure if it is possible for me to upgrade myself using his credits if I am not travelling with him, but because I booked using his Aeroplan account could it be? I think this is not possible, but I thought it best to ask the Flyertalk community first!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Will_YYT
I booked a flight using my family members Aeroplan account, and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to upgrade to biz class. Air Canada has a promotion on now that allows Aeroplan fares to be upgraded. The person whos Aeroplan points I used to book my flight has E50K. Not sure if it is possible for me to upgrade myself using his credits if I am not travelling with him, but because I booked using his Aeroplan account could it be? I think this is not possible, but I thought it best to ask the Flyertalk community first!
Hi, unfortunately, given your described scenario, the answer is no...
codfather likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.