FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   using e upgrades post Feb 28 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1943020-using-e-upgrades-post-feb-28-2018-a.html)

llbean Nov 29, 18 12:15 pm

using e upgrades post Feb 28 2018
 
I just booked a lat flight and wanted to eupgrade - 11 eupgrade credits
I have 20 credits that expire Feb 28, 2018 and 10 that expire Feb 28, 2019
The eupgrade is 11 ecredits - latitude fare
My flight is March 3, 2018

The system wouldn't let me upgrade so I called in. I was told since my 20 credits expire Feb 28, 2018 I dont have enough credits.

I would have sworn that in previous years as long as you made the request and the credits were removed from your account before the expiry date it was fine. Is this a new enforcement of this rule this year??

WaytoomuchEurope Nov 29, 18 12:17 pm

I have flights March 1st that I couldn't use credits for - was told the travel must happen by the expiry date. In my case I was lucky enough to have lots of credits for 2019 already so it was fine.

llbean Nov 29, 18 12:24 pm

Has it always been this way - or is this new?

RangerNS Nov 29, 18 12:26 pm

Are you going back in time to take this flight OP?

llbean Nov 29, 18 12:37 pm

Thanks for your helpful, constructive and informative comment.

jc94 Nov 29, 18 12:44 pm

Well to be honest there is a small typo on the original post that could be edited ;)

But eUps always have to be used on flights departing on or before the expiry date, this isnít something new.

Of course, if you have status coming again next year you should get some more eUps before 3/3/19. Albeit the available required space could decrease by then.

Plumber Nov 29, 18 1:04 pm


Originally Posted by llbean (Post 30480274)
Has it always been this way - or is this new?

Always been like this since eUpgrades were introduced.

TheCanuckian Nov 29, 18 1:15 pm

It has always been like this. And on the eUpgrade site you see this language: Expiration date (travel on an upgraded flight must be completed before the expiration date).

Stranger Nov 29, 18 1:26 pm

Right. Nothing new.

jc94 Nov 29, 18 3:13 pm


Originally Posted by TheCanuckian (Post 30480489)
It has always been like this. And on the eUpgrade site you see this language: Expiration date (travel on an upgraded flight must be completed before the expiration date).

Thatís interesting. I always thought it was started, so the last date to take the complete AC33 for example is actually 2/26? Given the one on 2/27 lands 3/1 (local time anyway).

yyznomad Nov 29, 18 3:22 pm


Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 30480965)


Thatís interesting. I always thought it was started, so the last date to take the complete AC33 for example is actually 2/26? Given the one on 2/27 lands 3/1 (local time anyway).

I guess also applies to AC 470 and many other flights arriving just past midnight.

canadiancow Nov 29, 18 3:25 pm

I'm pretty sure it needs to have a schedule departure time before the expiry. I don't think arrival time matters.

That language refers more to a round-trip from Feb 25 to March 10, in that the return flight is past the expiry date.

yyznomad Nov 29, 18 3:27 pm


Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30481014)
I'm pretty sure it needs to have a schedule departure time before the expiry. I don't think arrival time matters.

That language refers more to a round-trip from Feb 25 to March 10, in that the return flight is past the expiry date.

Perhaps that is the spirit of the wording, but knowing how many here like to tear apart and dissect such wording, getting to every granular technicality and interpretation... how dare you suggest that. :p


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:51 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.