Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Mileage Runs for Status & Missing AQM/AQS/AQD

Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Since this format seems to work well on other forums, for each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (AQM):
Segments Needed (AQS):
Dollars Needed (AQD):
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (CHOOSE ONE, AND STATE THE VALUE):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:

• For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both AQD AND AQM or AQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second AQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.
Useful reference thread for AQM and AQD calculations:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1744575-new-improved-calculator-aqm-aeroplan-miles-aqd.html
Print Wikipost

Mileage Runs for Status & Missing AQM/AQS/AQD

Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I cannot reproduce that. I see N0 on that flight, and the flexible date view on AC.com doesn't show anything under 3k CAD r/t.
Just tried again and noticed the app displays in USD.
R/T 23-28 in PY comes up to USD $2341 so over your budget

SFO-BOG is $2253 in PY 23-29
Getting closer
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
Just tried again and noticed the app displays in USD.
R/T 23-28 in PY comes up to USD $2341 so over your budget

SFO-BOG is $2253 in PY 23-29
Getting closer
Isn't BOG rouge?

The goal is to upgrade to J.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Isn't BOG rouge?

The goal is to upgrade to J.
Ok ok anyway I was not thinking PY you get 150% mileage. So you don't need to fly that far.

CDG is still close to $2k. So I guess your 1500 find is a winner for now.

I had a great CDG run but of course ..
Attached Images   

Last edited by theBeachBoy; Sep 24, 2019 at 8:54 am
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:30 pm

That stupid app is so buggy.

I get 20% of the times inverted fares between Y and PY...
Attached Images  

Last edited by theBeachBoy; Sep 24, 2019 at 8:55 am
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: AC E50K
Departure Airport: YYZ
Miles Needed (AQM): 18k
Segments Needed (AQS): n/a
Dollars Needed (AQD): n/a
Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value): $2000
Available Travel Dates: preferably before end of Oct OR late Nov
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: *A
Route(s) You've Already Searched: YYZ-TPE in PE for $1700 (using promo code expiring Sept 27), which seems like a fantastic deal, although wondering if there is anything better on United J without the 34 hours total travel time...
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
This was a great price with the 20% AC website promo. 20,070 AQM

For me it's about the journey.... not always about the destination.

Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by 24left

That really is a fantastic price. Was this a specific promo code or universal sale? Pardon my ignorance, have been on the road recently and not keeping up with the latest deals!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmike_319
That really is a fantastic price. Was this a specific promo code or universal sale? Pardon my ignorance, have been on the road recently and not keeping up with the latest deals!
It was this sale that ended last night at midnight. Prices are only great if you know your starting point. I've paid a bit more when the sales were 15%. Difference was $80

Also, some of us would use the term "latest deals" sparingly or with some sort of facial expression.

AC's recent offerings have been mostly 15% on Y and PE and 10% on J or nothing on J. Sales are about moving cars off the lot.

Last edited by 24left; Sep 25, 2019 at 8:03 am
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
It was this sale that ended last night at midnight. Prices are only great if you know your starting point. I've paid a bit more when the sales were 15%. Difference was $80

Also, some of us would use the term "latest deals" sparingly or with some sort of facial expression.

AC's recent offerings have been mostly 15% on Y and PE and 10% on J or nothing on J. Sales are about moving cars off the lot.
I founds YOW-TPE-YOW in PE Nov 22-24 to be $200 cheaper this morning without the "Sale" that was on yesterday.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium

Damn...that was the type of pricing I was looking at since receiving my latest eCert
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hi Everyone, just wondering if there is a way to determine AQM for any route AC flies. For the first time in a while, looks like I'll be short of qualifying for the minimum status I prefer (50k) and have a few options on how to make it happen. I need about 20k but can't figure out how many AQM I can earn per route. I can fly out of YYC or YYZ.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5Miles
Hi Everyone, just wondering if there is a way to determine AQM for any route AC flies. For the first time in a while, looks like I'll be short of qualifying for the minimum status I prefer (50k) and have a few options on how to make it happen. I need about 20k but can't figure out how many AQM I can earn per route. I can fly out of YYC or YYZ.
This thread will be helpful

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...miles-aqd.html

AQM is based on what you buy.

Using AC as an example, Flex earns 100% of base miles, Premium Economy and Latitude 125%, Comfort is 115% and Business is 150%. And of course you can earn AQM with *A partners. You have to look on Aeroplan for their earning charts.

And a simple example:

YYZ-YVR 2,078 base miles
YVR-TPE 5,950 base miles
Total return base miles 16,056
PE x 125% is 20,070 AQM

And for a route you don't know and to get a quick estimate, use http://www.gcmap.com
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
This thread will be helpful

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...miles-aqd.html

AQM is based on what you buy.

Using AC as an example, Flex earns 100% of base miles, Premium Economy and Latitude 125%, Comfort is 115% and Business is 150%. And of course you can earn AQM with *A partners. You have to look on Aeroplan for their earning charts.

And a simple example:

YYZ-YVR 2,078 base miles
YVR-TPE 5,950 base miles
Total return base miles 16,056
PE x 125% is 20,070 AQM

And for a route you don't know and to get a quick estimate, use Great Circle Mapper
Thanks so much, 24left! That's incredibly helpful, much appreciated.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
The eUpgrade website also gives city-pair distances though it isn't completely accurate as AQM is based on statutory miles whereas flight plans are based on nautical miles.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
The eUpgrade website also gives city-pair distances though it isn't completely accurate as AQM is based on statutory miles whereas flight plans are based on nautical miles.
That is not why they're different.

Statute* miles and nautical miles have a constant multiplier to convert between them.

Not to mention none of this has to do with "flight plans".

AC and Aeroplan have historically had different ways of determining distances between airports. I don't know the current state, and it could easily change over the next year if they're still separate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.