Question: I need $5 AQD

Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 7s4s8s
AQD has been offline for days now but it shows up as a "W" for domestic: Flex. Should be good.
I had AQDs posting on Monday or Tuesday. From a flight on Thursday.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC E50K :: SPG Platinum :: NEXUS
I'm short $24 and have a YVR-YYJ standard fare booked tomorrow to make it up.

My question is... if I show up to the gate and just don't board the plane, will the AQD still count?

The whole day is going to be a huge PITA with transit and ferry and my gf picking me up in Tsawwassen.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:56 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Gone_Koastal
I'm short $24 and have a YVR-YYJ standard fare booked tomorrow to make it up.

My question is... if I show up to the gate and just don't board the plane, will the AQD still count?

The whole day is going to be a huge PITA with transit and ferry and my gf picking me up in Tsawwassen.
AQD will not count. Just like AQM, you have to fly to get the credit.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
I had AQDs posting on Monday or Tuesday. From a flight on Thursday.
today it still shows my total AQD as 0
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Have no fear, as you're not the only one showing $0 AQD, aside from those not posting.

AQD not posting
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:24 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Well, the good news here is that you no longer need just $5.
Adam Smith and jc94 like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Well, the good news here is that you no longer need just $5.
.What's AQD? I thought BISness class is all that matter on AC!

-James
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Obviously just requesting the missing miles and having the AQD post would be too much to ask. Finally the site is showing my total AQD for 2018 and it is still short. The flight i submitted for shows up with the miles but no AQD. I am quite sure it should (W domestic and the outbound flight earned ~$50). So i have submitted a discrepancy via:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...repancies.html

sigh.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
That's the way she goes with AC.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:49 pm

Late to the party here, but as a data point for those who are NOT SE and therefore do not have the privilege of getting eup surcharges waived, they DO count as AQD.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Late to the party here, but as a data point for those who are NOT SE and therefore do not have the privilege of getting eup surcharges waived, they DO count as AQD.
SEs still pay copay on eUps of Aeroplan tickets. I got $100 of AQD in 2016 from this. It posted just fine, no need to request credit or anything. Posted really quickly too, I think.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
SEs still pay copay on eUps of Aeroplan tickets.
And Standard STLAK
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
So due to IIROPS on Dec 31st I had a flight credited to Jan 1st instead of Dec 31st.

I submitted an AQD query to Air Canada. But - even if they credit that back to Dec 31st - I'm still $20 short

Any idea how long it will take before I know what happens? I gather at one point I will get a message to choose my privileges for 2019 and it will either tell me I am P25K or E35K.

Obviously a bit late for mileage runs now. I'm just hoping (as @canadiancow says) that Air Canada does the wrong thing
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:00 am

Obviously just requesting the missing miles and having the AQD post would be too much to ask. Finally the site is showing my total AQD for 2018 and it is still short. The flight i submitted for shows up with the miles but no AQD. I am quite sure it should (W domestic and the outbound flight earned ~$50). So i have submitted a discrepancy via: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...repancies.html

sigh.
Originally Posted by dr_torch
So due to IIROPS on Dec 31st I had a flight credited to Jan 1st instead of Dec 31st.

I submitted an AQD query to Air Canada. But - even if they credit that back to Dec 31st - I'm still $20 short

Any idea how long it will take before I know what happens? I gather at one point I will get a message to choose my privileges for 2019 and it will either tell me I am P25K or E35K.

Obviously a bit late for mileage runs now. I'm just hoping (as @canadiancow says) that Air Canada does the wrong thing
This is not something you can expect consistently, and I would expect is more the exception than the rule:

Going into the end of 2017, it looked like I would be 5 segments short to maintain E50K. I had made peace with it, as mentioned previously, as it generally provides little to no benefit no benefit to me over E35K in practice - and even that would be underwhelming. I was also quite travelled and turbo propped out at this point - door to door, my average travel per direction eats up most of a day.

It turned out I did have another trip late in the year, which would typically be 4 segments. I booked a longer routing with an extra segment which was no material difference in cost, and would then just slide in for maintaining E50K, for kicks. It would also involve everyone’s favourite prop, the BEH. By the time I was homeward bound, I was even more thoroughly travelled and propped out - the prospect of 2 DH3’s and a BEH to get home was too much, and I was very happy the check in agent could reroute me home in one less segment, and also commit me to E35K.

I could not find the email inviting me to select Privileges, though my Feb Altitude report did not show status of any kind. To my surprise, my March one showed E50K again and I believe it was late March or April by the time I had the package in the mail as well. FYI I believe my AQD spend was >$15K.

Last edited by eracerblue; Jan 23, 2019 at 9:09 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up All's well that ends well

So my request to have the missing AQD has not been responded to and the altitude site still shows me short. My request to beg for the status was not responded to.

But out of the blue today, I got an email saying I made the status I was trying to hit. $4.80 cents short on AQD. I guess the AC gods were feeling generous. Thanks everybody!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.