Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2020/21 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2020/21 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I didn't do much flying pre-EYW, which started late-May for me. I was at 37,872 on April 2, and then I quickly started shooting up when EYW rolled around, especially with the 100% AQM bonus.

OMG, 250K AQM -- and that doesn't count any flying that you did with miles (right?).

Wow. Impressed.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: SE100K, AEROPLAN 3MM, QANTAS CC, AMEX BLACK, FAIRMONT PLATINUM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I ended up with just over 510K AQM. I was on target for about 575K AQM but plans changed at the end of the year and I ended up not doing a bunch of TPACs.
Yeah, if I could've banked it back then... in 2.5 years went from 1MM to 2MM just like that. Oh well. Better now than never for the Altitude program.
Wow. That is impressive. I thought I was relatively unique hitting 400 plus AQM five years in a row prior to this year when I fell into the 300s. Never got to the 500 level though. That is seriously butt in seat.

To get to 400 I was going to either South America or Australia/Asia about every 2.5 weeks or so for two to five days each time for the entire year (it felt like anyway). The next year should fall even further into the 200 range (about 100 planned about April mind you) but those years added up nicely to get lifetime status so I guess, unless they change the rules, I am already requalified an if I can stay away from too much bad food and avoid getting some form of incurable disease, hoping to be on the planet another 25 years or so to be qualified each year before it starts.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Made it now that my missing AQD posted.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I was going to post the link to the thread/post, but it's full of rhetoric so I'll just post my AQM dashboard pic from December 2015. Back then people were trying to call me out and didn't believe me.
Please keep in mind that there are others here that flew and fly more than me. There are AC FFs that do 600K+ AQM/qualifying miles a year... well, at least there were in the past, AFAIK.

In any case, enjoy.

Casual.

danapop and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:23 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Casual.

Congratulations @Avogadro !
danapop likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Bump. Just to keep it top of mind
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:52 am
Original Member

For the 7th year in a row I expect to hit my target AQM AQD and AQS on January 1.
monkai likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Huh I guess I never updated once I actually crossed 250k. I qualified for 20/21 SE status with a flight on November 24 2018.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:22 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Huh I guess I never updated once I actually crossed 250k. I qualified for 20/21 SE status with a flight on November 24 2018.
Are you eligible to receive the year of banked SE if you don't even qualify for SE in the year you hit 250K of AQM?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Are you eligible to receive the year of banked SE if you don't even qualify for SE in the year you hit 250K of AQM?
I don't think so, but technically I'm not sure if they have that check in place.

You really only need to earn SE one year. Then you can do it for 0 AQD.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Has anyone hit 250K without qualifying?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:15 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I guess it's theoretically possible, but I'm struggling to come up with a realistic (as opposed to totally contrived) scenario where that would occur.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:45 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I don't think so, but technically I'm not sure if they have that check in place.

You really only need to earn SE one year. Then you can do it for 0 AQD.
This was my point. Seems like a loophole AC might want to close.

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I guess it's theoretically possible, but I'm struggling to come up with a realistic (as opposed to totally contrived) scenario where that would occur.
I believe that the cow stated that he would cross the AQD threshold around the time of the YYC Do, which would be a couple of weeks after he hit 250K AQM, based on his post above.

I agree it's unlikely, but flying all or mostly on *A partners could allow one to rack up large amounts of AQM with little to no AQD. I have some colleagues who flew ~125-150K AQM last year who were nowhere near $20K AQD because they were mostly flying UA metal on 016 stock. And I have another colleague who flew >50K AQM and ended up with no status because he only had about $2K AQD - again, mostly UA metal on 016 stock.

Unthinkable to many of us on this board, but there are quite a few people who don't pay that much attention to their status even if they fly quite a bit. Probably not many of those get to 250K AQM, but I can see it happening in a few cases.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:22 pm

This was my point. Seems like a loophole AC might want to close.

I believe that the cow stated that he would cross the AQD threshold around the time of the YYC Do, which would be a couple of weeks after he hit 250K AQM, based on his post above.
No, that's when the Bovine crossed. Or would have if the AQD for the return had posted yet

I think people underestimate how much money I spend on AC.

Let's just say I don't need the non-resident requirement.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Am I in the right thread? I'm always confused which if these threads is for which year.

Do we need a new thread for 2021?
And yes, 40K is Rollover. Still, LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.