Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2020/21 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Post your Super Elite S100K 2020/21 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think you overestimate how close 10yrold is.

He's on a MR this weekend to ensure he hits SE.
Originally Posted by expert7700
Correct. The real winners in this game would spend exactly the minimum and earn exact minimum AQD...

If 10yr old cancels (postpones) return from the 26hr turn mileage run to Asia this wknd and uses points instead, he is on track to end the year at 100,004 AQM.

/he is already quite bummed it is not a 90min turnaround back on the same plane.
So at this rate he will hit 3MM in his mid-30s (I'm guessing he's around 400K AQM lifetime atm?)... still not too shabby.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
You people are all freaking insane.

I'm going to finish the year with about 160K. Mind you, that's in a 6 month time period (end of May to end of Nov). Still, I cannot imagine doing the 400-500 some of you are talking about.

I expect to do 250k next year and that's about all this body can handle. I only do half (at best!) of my BIS miles on AC so I will never get a #MMuffin top. Would sure be nice to have that excuse though.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

I'm going to finish the year with about 160K. Mind you, that's in a 6 month time period (end of May to end of Nov). Still, I cannot imagine doing the 400-500 some of you are talking about.

I expect to do 250k next year and that's about all this body can handle. I only do half (at best!) of my BIS miles on AC so I will never get a #MMuffin top. Would sure be nice to have that excuse though.
I was going to post the link to the thread/post, but it's full of rhetoric so I'll just post my AQM dashboard pic from December 2015. Back then people were trying to call me out and didn't believe me.
Please keep in mind that there are others here that flew and fly more than me. There are AC FFs that do 600K+ AQM/qualifying miles a year... well, at least there were in the past, AFAIK.

In any case, enjoy.

Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I was going to post the link to the thread/post, but it's full of rhetoric so I'll just post my AQM dashboard pic from December 2015. Back then people were trying to call me out and didn't believe me.
Please keep in mind that there are others here that flew and fly more than me. There are AC FFs that do 600K+ AQM/qualifying miles a year... well, at least there were in the past, AFAIK.

In any case, enjoy.

There is the 1% of flyers...and there is the 1% of 1%. This would be the 1% of the 1% of the 1% I would think
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM
I don't think anyone disputes this. That's why this forum is here, to indulge our collective insanity.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
IIANM, YEG_SE4Life is around 400/450K at the moment? I think 24left is just behind him? I could be wrong.
@yyznomad

Based on email exchanges between YEG_SE4Life and me, he says I was ahead for most of the year, but he is ahead now.

​​​​​​​I didn't realize this was a race.

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
And I can attest that @DNAwizard does not appear to have a muffintop, contrary to the belief that all MM have one.....

I am not sure if he will surpass @24left 's total for 2018 though.....
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
Trust me, the muffintop is definitely budding

And yes, 24left has been flying pretty intensively this year as well. I wish I could have flown with her on a few of those trips.
At the YQB Do, @DNAwizard and I were discussing our estimates. IIRC, neither of us thought it as a race but we agreed it was amusing.

You people are all freaking insane.......
@WaytoomuchEurope

Correct.

....and I only speak for myself

Originally Posted by shadowspar
I don't think anyone disputes this. That's why this forum is here, to indulge our collective insanity.
@shadowspar

Wait until the RCHHMP show up and argue the merits of collective insanity and FWPs
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Wait until the RCHHMP show up and argue the merits of collective insanity and FWPs
Or despite having never met us, come to the conclusion that we are unhealthy, have muffintops, must feel sad that we aren't sleeping in our own beds at home, and that we all lead pathetic lives.

Clearly.
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Back of the bus
Or despite having never met us, come to the conclusion that we are unhealthy, have muffintops, must feel sad that we aren't sleeping in our own beds at home, and that we all lead pathetic lives.

Clearly.
Doubtful. That might be the general publics view, but I would think most frequent flyers know differently.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jazzsax
Doubtful. That might be the general publics view, but I would think most frequent flyers know differently.
Well, some supposed "Frequent Flyers" here have explicitly stated these things here on FT, so...
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I'll be qualifying for 20/21 based on this Saturday's flights.
I thought you were like at 20K or something at the halfway point. Did a lot of flying later in the year ?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I have qualified if the AQDs post. Had to fill out the form.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
I thought you were like at 20K or something at the halfway point. Did a lot of flying later in the year ?
I didn't do much flying pre-EYW, which started late-May for me. I was at 37,872 on April 2, and then I quickly started shooting up when EYW rolled around, especially with the 100% AQM bonus.

Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I didn't do much flying pre-EYW, which started late-May for me. I was at 37,872 on April 2, and then I quickly started shooting up when EYW rolled around, especially with the 100% AQM bonus.
But those AQM bonuses don't count towards MM, do they? Or is it just J AQM bonus that counts towards MM?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
But those AQM bonuses don't count towards MM, do they? Or is it just J AQM bonus that counts towards MM?
Base fare COS goes towards MM.

AQM bonuses generally do not go towards MM.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A cow just flew to the moooooon.
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.