Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan standby on business award LGA toYYZ: what's the protocol?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan standby on business award LGA toYYZ: what's the protocol?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by chebert999
not same fare...only need a seat in the same cabin. I SDC from a P fare to a C fare no problem at T-20.
also all fare bucket open at some point between T-24 and T to permit SDC.
Every airline has their own rules about any one thing you pick. Some make more sense than others, and vice versa. Or maybe UA is perfect, but I could be wrong.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Altitude vs Aeroplan is an historical accident/error/brilliant 20 year financing/market manipulation split. But it works, there are at least two, but two for our purposes, type of customers someone is trying to get loyalty from. Credit cards (banks) (and lesser tiny retailers latching on to a useful program) with end users looking to get enough points organically (or by playing the system) to FOTSG. And actual flyers who might also wish to fly for free, but are in it for the better flying experience (discounted->$0 perks).
@canadiancow: is that broad stroke analysis true? And, if so, do you think that AC/Banks will continue to maintain the Altitude/Aeroplan brand split, and the exploiting of synergies will be in breaking down the artificial rent seeking of the AE need for cash profits? The banks won't care that a SE gets extra perks on redemption day as long as their customers get credible access to any seats (FO(for free)TSG's not knowing the difference, anyway).

(irrelevant aside: For me, 10 IKK might as well be infinity. Or 2. I can't imagine having enough time on my hands to fly 10x for fun)
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RangerNS
(irrelevant aside: For me, 10 IKK might as well be infinity. Or 2. I can't imagine having enough time on my hands to fly 10x for fun)
Perhaps not, but those IKK come in handy booking for friends and loved ones, especially on somewhat short or really short notice. At least from my perspective.
Plumber, canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
friends and loved ones
I should look into getting some of those.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chebert999
not same fare...only need a seat in the same cabin. I SDC from a P fare to a C fare no problem at T-20.
also all fare bucket open at some point between T-24 and T to permit SDC.
Originally Posted by https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/reservations/same-day-change.html
When the original ticketed fare class is available on the requested flight within 24 hours of departure, the same-day flight change fee (instead of the change fee stated in the fare rules) will apply.

When the original ticketed fare class is not available on the requested flight within 24 hours of departure, the same-day flight change fee (instead of the change fee stated in the fare rules) will apply, as well as any additional payments or refunds for the difference in fare
And you must be always flying very empty flights if "all fare bucket open". I've certainly seen J2 P0 right up to departure on UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.