FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan redemption questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1941247-aeroplan-redemption-questions.html)

Ichinensei Nov 18, 18 9:27 pm

Aeroplan redemption questions
 
Sorry, rookie questions. I havent been in the game for 3 years now. The last time was 2015.
Looks like lots have changed! yyz to sin is now 90K ?? wth.

Ok, here is my situation. Will be flying to Asia in MArch.

Wife wants to do YYZ to HKG, HKG to HND and HND back to YYZ. Stops in HKG and Japan
YYZ to HKG and HND to YYZ is fine. Diret flights and available. We want direct flights because a) flying with a 23 month old and b) Mother in law is coming along and she holds a Malaysia passport so cannot connect through USA - they too lazy to go through the lenghty process of getting a US visa.

SO when i search HKG to HND, or even ICN to HND, or TPE to HND, busines and economy, all i get is 2 stops, or 1 stops with long layover. is it normal now that it is almost impossible to get direct flights between the big cities? i've checked multiple cities and dates

chebert999 Nov 18, 18 10:10 pm

It all depends on availability. Is the complete trip an aeroplan ticket? Which dates are you looking.
The only star alliance carrier that would do HKG to NRT or HND non stop would be ANA.

Merlinrnr Nov 18, 18 10:20 pm

Sometimes the search engine doesn’t show all available routes when searching start point to end point. Search for availability on the individual legs you want. If you find it available, you can call in and have them put the itinerary together for you with the legs you want.

aznfreak007 Nov 18, 18 10:23 pm


Originally Posted by Ichinensei (Post 30443930)
Sorry, rookie questions. I havent been in the game for 3 years now. The last time was 2015.
Looks like lots have changed! yyz to sin is now 90K ?? wth.

Ok, here is my situation. Will be flying to Asia in MArch.

Wife wants to do YYZ to HKG, HKG to HND and HND back to YYZ. Stops in HKG and Japan
YYZ to HKG and HND to YYZ is fine. Diret flights and available. We want direct flights because a) flying with a 23 month old and b) Mother in law is coming along and she holds a Malaysia passport so cannot connect through USA - they too lazy to go through the lenghty process of getting a US visa.

SO when i search HKG to HND, or even ICN to HND, or TPE to HND, busines and economy, all i get is 2 stops, or 1 stops with long layover. is it normal now that it is almost impossible to get direct flights between the big cities? i've checked multiple cities and dates

don't forget ANA operates HKG to NRT as well

canadiancow Nov 18, 18 11:14 pm


Originally Posted by chebert999 (Post 30444009)
It all depends on availability. Is the complete trip an aeroplan ticket? Which dates are you looking.
The only star alliance carrier that would do HKG to NRT or HND non stop would be ANA.

You can book probably book CX too (is HKG-TYO eligible?), but you need to call in.

aznfreak007 Nov 19, 18 6:01 am


Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30444130)
You can book probably book CX too (is HKG-TYO eligible?), but you need to call in.

i don't think that it is a valide route on CX or KA. not to cities where AC flies its own metal to.

from Aeroplan website:

Eligible flight rewards are between Hong Kong and:
- Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Phuket, Thailand
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Cebu, Philippines
- Manila, Philippines
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hanoi, Vietnam

Ichinensei Nov 19, 18 1:51 pm

I've tried all the tricks mentioned above. i check one way, Returns between just HKG and HND. or HKG and NRT, I've even checked Nagoya, KIX out of desperation but the only direct flght i got from all that is HKG to KIX on Air India. But then the return from KIX to YYZ would obviously not be direct. I'm looking at March dates

Ichinensei Nov 28, 18 9:28 am

Hi guys. sorry i have more questions.

the wife have decided to just go YYZ to HND and back.

1) do most of you here book two separate tickets online so to avoid the fees you have to pay Aeroplan when calling in or call in and pay fee to have the tickets as one booking (is this even important?) 2 separate aeroplan account
2)how much fees does aeropan charge now per account> is it still $25 per account on phone booking
3) if i do # 1 route, who do i call to add the INFANT> do i call aeroplan or do i call AC? and if i call Aeroplan is there a fee to add infant? (other than taxes)

thanks

Admiral Ackbar Nov 28, 18 10:37 am


Originally Posted by aznfreak007 (Post 30444035)
don't forget ANA operates HKG to NRT as well

Don`t know why but I love that single seat in the middle of the J cabin they use on the ANA 767 for that route.

TOR27 Nov 29, 18 12:11 pm


Originally Posted by Ichinensei (Post 30475659)
Hi guys. sorry i have more questions.

the wife have decided to just go YYZ to HND and back.

1) do most of you here book two separate tickets online so to avoid the fees you have to pay Aeroplan when calling in or call in and pay fee to have the tickets as one booking (is this even important?) 2 separate aeroplan account
2)how much fees does aeropan charge now per account> is it still $25 per account on phone booking
3) if i do # 1 route, who do i call to add the INFANT> do i call aeroplan or do i call AC? and if i call Aeroplan is there a fee to add infant? (other than taxes)

thanks

If I am using 2 separate accounts then what I usually do is book each direction separately but 2 tickets on each. So I would book the outbound as 2 one-way tickets from my wife's account and the return as 2 one-way tickets from my account.
Aeroplan charges $30 for calling in
I believe you need to call Aeroplan if there isn't already an option online to add the infant, shouldn't be an issue. Infants fly free until 2 years old as I am sure you are aware.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:04 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.