Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Missed connection! Missed AQM & AQD?

Question: Missed connection! Missed AQM & AQD?

Old Nov 9, 18, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K
Missed connection! Missed AQM & AQD?

Booked from MAA-DXB-YYZ in J. First leg in AI and second in AC.

Extremely delayed out of MAA due to ill passenger and I missed my connection in DXB. I was accommodated on another carrier through a FIM and eventually made it to YYZ.

Since I never boarded the AC flight (but I got a boarding pass for it when I first checked in at MAA) due to delay, will I lose out on the AQM and AQD? This missed flight would have taken me to SE 100K for 2019, so it would be a bummer if I missed out.
Old Nov 9, 18, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dennisthemenace View Post
Booked from MAA-DXB-YYZ in J. First leg in AI and second in AC.

Extremely delayed out of MAA due to ill passenger and I missed my connection in DXB. I was accommodated on another carrier through a FIM and eventually made it to YYZ.

Since I never boarded the AC flight (but I got a boarding pass for it when I first checked in) due to delay, will I lose out on the AQM and AQD? This missed flight would have taken me to SE 100K for 2019, so it would be a bummer if I missed out.
Being your first post, Welcome to FT.

Sorry to hear about your missed flight. Anecdotally, your are most likely SOL. You still have time to do a MR though...
Old Nov 9, 18, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
You will not see any automatic credit for flights not actually flown.

You can contact AC and plead your case for 'original routing credit', but YMMV.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 9, 18, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
OP, welcome to FT!

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Sorry to hear about your missed flight. Anecdotally, your are most likely SOL. You still have time to do a MR though...
Originally Posted by eigenvector View Post
You can contact AC and plead your case for 'original routing credit', but YMMV.
Why are you guys so pessimistic on ORC? This seems to me like a slam dunk case for ORC.
Old Nov 9, 18, 11:55 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
OP, welcome to FT!
Why are you guys so pessimistic on ORC? This seems to me like a slam dunk case for ORC.
I thought that too but didn't post when I noticed it was due to an ill passenger on an AI flight.
Old Nov 9, 18, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Good luck. That would really annoy me!
Old Nov 9, 18, 12:17 pm

Programs: TK *G
Write in, they should give you the original AQM and AQD. If not, write in again.

On another note, There are a few times I was rebooked from CX to SQ/TG or vice versa. I usually get miles from both carriers without asking.
Old Nov 9, 18, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Will request an ORC since there is some optimism about it.

I forgot to mention that AC also changed my itinerary a few weeks before the trip and reduced the connection window by 45 mins. The extra 45 mins would have definitely helped me make the connection in this scenario!
Old Nov 9, 18, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
AC/Aeroplan don't appear to have a published policy on ORC, and it's tough to contact a real, live human at either company with the power to retro-credit not-actually-flown miles (or fix IT SNAFUs with actually-flown miles). My own efforts to request ORC from AC have mostly ended in frustration with irrelevant automated responses ("we could not find any record that you flew on AC xxx...").

It's a lot easier in other FFPs where the carrier has a dedicated customer service channel for FFP issues that has the power to investigate and award status miles.
Old Nov 9, 18, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
I've had pretty good luck getting ORC under various circumstances. Routed from AC to non-*A is the easiest.
Old Nov 14, 18, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I've had pretty good luck getting ORC under various circumstances. Routed from AC to non-*A is the easiest.
Thats what happened to me, I got rerouted via non-*A. How did you get ORC approved? They denied my claim when I tried through AP's "Request missing miles" request form.
Old Nov 14, 18, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dennisthemenace View Post
Thats what happened to me, I got rerouted via non-*A. How did you get ORC approved? They denied my claim when I tried through AP's "Request missing miles" request form.
Call them. They'll give you instructions. You need to send copies of things to some email address.
Old Nov 15, 18, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Call them. They'll give you instructions. You need to send copies of things to some email address.
Thanks! Call Aeroplan or Air Canada directly?
Old Nov 15, 18, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aeroplan
Old Nov 25, 18, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

How long did it take them to process the ORC for you?

Been 2 weeks since I sent in the paperwork, wondering when to follow up with them...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: