Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Fresh Fruit that is Frozen

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stranger
The article specifically referred to *other posters.* No misquote.
Look at vernonc's post again. In the block of text attributed to me, one line says: "@ to the other poster wondering why we compare to restaurants......"
I never posted that line, nor did I post anything else about a restaurant comparison, so it is indeed a misquote.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GFrye
Look at vernonc's post again. In the block of text attributed to me, one line says: "@ to the other poster wondering why we compare to restaurants......"
I never posted that line, nor did I post anything else about a restaurant comparison, so it is indeed a misquote.
Sure, technically he should have cut the quote, which surely either the poster or the moderator can edit.

But the sentence makes it very clear he did refer to other posters. So at best a technicality. Plus, he who lives in a glass house...
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Folks, let's please move on and get back to the topic at hand.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
If, after paying AC a significant premium on what the baseline cost of moving yourself from A to B is, be it your own money, someone else's money, or even the tax payers money, why can't AC manage to serve food that is reasonably palatable?

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 8, 2018 at 2:44 pm Reason: off topic
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
And since @yyznomad was asking for the 24left Frozen Fruit Report....

The fruit in the dessert trolley on AC 15 yesterday was not frozen. I would not expect it to be.

I have no update on the side dish of fruit with the pre-arrival meal as I often skip that meal.

Waiting for the RCHHMP to show up and throw things. Lol
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:31 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've had some cold fruit recently, but nothing that was still frozen. In fact, frozen might have been preferable, as perhaps the fruit wouldn't all have been slightly off.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've had some cold fruit recently, but nothing that was still frozen. In fact, frozen might have been preferable, as perhaps the fruit wouldn't all have been slightly off.
If @24left isn't allowed to complain about frozen fruit, I'm sure the RCHHMP here would agree that you can't complain about slightly off fruit.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
If @24left isn't allowed to complain about frozen fruit, I'm sure the RCHHMP here would agree that you can't complain about slightly off fruit.
Who said @24left isn't allowed to complain about frozen fruit? I would. Just saying I haven't really experienced the frozen fuit recently myself.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Who said @24left isn't allowed to complain about frozen fruit? I would. Just saying I haven't really experienced the frozen fuit recently myself.
Not saying whether you do or don't have any right.

Just commenting based on the upthread high horsing attacks on @24left.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:06 pm

Not saying whether you do or don't have any right.

Just commenting based on the upthread high horsing attacks on @24left.
I'll admit that I didn't really scroll upthread to read those attacks, but I'm disappointed. Typicaly RCHHMP though, as it's perfectly cromulent complaint; I will happily join the campaign to strike them down!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll admit that I didn't really scroll upthread to read those attacks, but I'm disappointed. Typicaly RCHHMP though, as it's perfectly cromulent complaint; I will happily join the campaign to strike them down!
It's ok. One poster did a good mic drop rebuttal to them.

I had to look up cromulent.

Anyway, I've seen the fruit served where upon being poked at by a fork, you literally could hear a *ting* *ting* sound. This was with a fellow FTer I was seated next to in J, a mutual friend of ours.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:36 pm

Fixed broken quote

It's ok. One poster did a good mic drop rebuttal to them.

I had to look up cromulent.
So would you say your vocabulary has been embiggened today?

Anyway, I've seen the fruit served where upon being poked at by a fork, you literally could hear a *ting* *ting* sound. This was with a fellow FTer I was seated next to in J, a mutual friend of ours.
I've definitely had frozen fruit in the past - YYC-IAH on a few occasions, I think - just not recently. Then again, I've also been avoiding YYC-IAH - the 24% chance of no WiFi on a flight during the workday is very negative or me.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Nov 21, 2018 at 2:14 am
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've definitely had frozen fruit in the past - YYC-IAH on a few occasions, I think - just not recently.
My most recent frozen fruit was earlier this year, but it was just partial. You could see "ice flakes" that had started melting.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
My most recent frozen fruit was earlier this year, but it was just partial. You could see "ice flakes" that had started melting.
We should start classifying this fruit. Yours sounds like "April", while @Adam Smith had "September" fruit.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
... and @24left was served a "February"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.