Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

what happened to sfo/yyz frequencies?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: I want to be free! Free!

Just looked at a return from YYZ later this month and departures are 8, 4 and 6 -- that's an 8 hour hole in the day where there used to be a couple flights.

Nice that 2 of the 3 are 787s but that is a lot of frequency missing from historical practice when it was 4-5x A320s and a 767/787 daily.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: AC 75K
SFO and LAX see a wide variation in frequency between Summer and Winter schedules. IME, this a standard seasonal reduction that has been seen in previous years.
canadiancow and D582 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
I'm sure someone can say for sure, but I feel like they cut one extra flight more than usual for the winter schedule. I'm feeling the pain right now as well. I'd prefer more frequency on smaller planes.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AC 75K
It goes back to 4x/day in December that seems to carry forward, until the summer season. So could be a removal of a frequency for November.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
I'm sure someone can say for sure, but I feel like they cut one extra flight more than usual for the winter schedule. I'm feeling the pain right now as well. I'd prefer more frequency on smaller planes.
Yes, I feel the pain too. Less options including no red eye a couple of weeks back
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's been very common to have 6/day in summer and 3/day in winter.
D582 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Standard seasonal reduction. November goes down to two flights per day on some days.. it will stay at 3 flights per day through mid December when it goes to 4, until May when it goes to 5, and June when it goes back to 6.

There is also now 2 widebodies per day whereas in prior years it was 1 (or none)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:30 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Pilot refresher training on proper SFO approach procedure aka non-taxiway landing takes time you know

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Nov 6, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
well LA might be cheaper AA just came up with a LAX-YYZ fare of $300. so perhaps AC will match.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by mellon
well LA might be cheaper AA just came up with a LAX-YYZ fare of $300. so perhaps AC will match.
Depends on time of year, AA cancelled my YYZ/LAX routes next year and re-booked me on connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.