Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2018 Fall Aeroplan Convert Hotel Points to Miles

2018 Fall Aeroplan Convert Hotel Points to Miles

Old Nov 6, 18, 10:24 am
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,226
2018 Fall Aeroplan Convert Hotel Points to Miles

2018 Fall Aeroplan Convert Hotel Points to Miles

This is the 2018 version of last year's promo with the thread started by @24left
2017 Fall Aeroplan Convert Hotel Points to Miles

This year's promo link: https://www.aeroplan.com/winter-conv...entLanguage=en


Same 30% bonus as last year. Deadline to convert is December 3, 2018.
This year includes IHG.

Also, a bonus from the Radisson side:

GET A 100% BONUS WHEN YOU REDEEM FOR AEROPLAN MILESThere's no better time to redeem your Radisson Rewards points into miles and get to your destination faster. Receive 100% bonus when you redeem your points for Aeroplan Miles. Take advantage of this limited-time offer for all redemptions from November 5 through December 3, 2018.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 12:35 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Posts: 6,576
Didn't they just finish running a hotel conversion promo?
Adam Smith is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 12:38 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,226
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Didn't they just finish running a hotel conversion promo?
Yes, specifically for/with Marriott:

Transfer Marriott Points To Aeroplan And Get A 35% Bonus
yyznomad is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 3:58 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 1,638
Is this a one-shot deal?

I have a stay the last week of November but worry those points won't arrive before 12/3. Sitting on a fair amount of Marriott points and don't want to miss out on this bonus entirely so was thinking I could do it now and again on 12/3 if those points arrive.
WaytoomuchEurope is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:26 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,226
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
Is this a one-shot deal?

I have a stay the last week of November but worry those points won't arrive before 12/3. Sitting on a fair amount of Marriott points and don't want to miss out on this bonus entirely so was thinking I could do it now and again on 12/3 if those points arrive.
It is not a one-shot deal.

You simply go to the respective eligible hotel site to do the transfer like you would if there was no promotion going on.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:31 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 1,638
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
It is not a one-shot deal.

You simply go to the respective eligible hotel site to do the transfer like you would if there was no promotion going on.
Perfect, thanks.
WaytoomuchEurope is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:39 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,226
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
Perfect, thanks.
You're transferring from Marriott? Please do let me/us know how that goes.

I just transferred some from Radisson. Will report back on how long it takes and if the bonus was applied correctly/at all.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Nov 6, 18, 10:56 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: PDX
Programs: AS, BA, AV, AC, VS, KE, SQ, AA, UA | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 190
I tried transferring from Marriott this evening but despite them confirming my identity, the transfer failed and I got "We're temporarily unable to display the information you requested. Please try again later." I miss Starwood...
eracerblue likes this.
TEDisgone is offline  
Old Nov 7, 18, 6:12 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,226
Originally Posted by TEDisgone View Post
I tried transferring from Marriott this evening but despite them confirming my identity, the transfer failed and I got "We're temporarily unable to display the information you requested. Please try again later." I miss Starwood...
I received the same error as well attempting to transfer from Starriott.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Nov 7, 18, 8:53 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Posts: 6,576
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
I received the same error as well attempting to transfer from Starriott.
I've always thought "Marriwood" sounded better...
Adam Smith is offline  
Old Nov 7, 18, 11:22 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: PDX
Programs: AS, BA, AV, AC, VS, KE, SQ, AA, UA | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
I received the same error as well attempting to transfer from Starriott.
I tried again today and it seemed to go through. Now we'll see how long it takes to actually transfer!
TEDisgone is offline  
Old Nov 11, 18, 9:56 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,226
Originally Posted by TEDisgone View Post
I tried again today and it seemed to go through. Now we'll see how long it takes to actually transfer!
I just got around to trying this again today and it worked as well for me.

Let us know when you get yours deposited!
yyznomad is offline  
Old Nov 12, 18, 5:31 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,226
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Also, a bonus from the Radisson side:

GET A 100% BONUS WHEN YOU REDEEM FOR AEROPLAN MILESThere's no better time to redeem your Radisson Rewards points into miles and get to your destination faster. Receive 100% bonus when you redeem your points for Aeroplan Miles. Take advantage of this limited-time offer for all redemptions from November 5 through December 3, 2018.
FYI for those thinking of transferring Radisson to take advantage of their transfer bonus... the bonus is actually 70% from the Radisson side and 30% from the AP side to make the 100%. It is not 100% from the Radisson side for a total of 130%. Just putting that out there for everyone.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 7:18 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: PDX
Programs: AS, BA, AV, AC, VS, KE, SQ, AA, UA | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
I just got around to trying this again today and it worked as well for me.

Let us know when you get yours deposited!
The miles posted today, so just about a week to transfer. But only the base miles are in my account so far, not the 30% bonus. I guess I give it 6 weeks and then contact Aeroplan if the bonus doesn't post.

Sadly, the seats I saw available for next month are now gone - play the sad trombone sound all around.
TEDisgone is offline  
Old Nov 16, 18, 5:30 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,226
Originally Posted by TEDisgone View Post
The miles posted today, so just about a week to transfer. But only the base miles are in my account so far, not the 30% bonus. I guess I give it 6 weeks and then contact Aeroplan if the bonus doesn't post.

Sadly, the seats I saw available for next month are now gone - play the sad trombone sound all around.
Both of my Radisson (and the 70% Radisson bonus) and Marriott transfers went through. Like you, the 30% AP bonus hasn't posted, but I guess we'll just have to wait until after the promo is over to see them.
yyznomad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: