FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YYC Fall Do - 3rd Annual Burgers & Scotch evening - December 8, 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1938984-yyc-fall-do-3rd-annual-burgers-scotch-evening-december-8-2018-a.html)

24left Dec 9, 2018 12:51 pm

FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides

Calgary Fall AC FT Do - 3rd Annual Burgers & Scotch Evening

Date: Saturday, December 8th
Boarding Time: 18:00
Reservation is under Adam Smith

Current Availability - The Do is sold out.
J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 O0 E0 N0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0 X0
This Do is operated in an All-J+PY configuration like SQ's SIN-EWR flight.
​​​​​
Confirmed pax
Adam Smith +1
KDS777
YYC3722 +1
zone1boarding
folkart
King Chung Huang
canadiancow
AmericanBovine
yyznomad
10yroldsuperelite
rehoult
YEG_SE4Life
expert7700
Bohemian1
WR Cage +1 (early arrival and early departure)
nomadic.relief
BlondeBomber
SearsTower
cooleddie
HerpaYvr
24left - who doesn't love surprise guest appearances, lol

Signed up for EF alerts on Do availability, but not yet committed to the Do
​​​​​

Only come to Dos with T-shirts / don't like burgers or Scotch / committed to eating burgers and drinking Scotch elsewhere that night
Nitehawk
YHZTraveller (excuses may include having to go to TPA, or trying to avoid sleeping in the doghouse)

Important Event Notes - FAQ
  • Wait, isn't it winter in December in YYC?
    Technically it's still fall until December 21st, so I can still call this a fall Do. But yes, it's likely to be winter conditions. It's YYC in December, after all :)

• Don't you know it's Christmas party season, you jerk? No way I can get away / I won't be able to get a babysitter / it's possible that Uber will have surge pricing later in the evening.
    My Christmas party is the night before and I have no kids, so it works just fine for me ;)

• Will I be able to enjoy a delectable menu with a flair for International cuisine, fine wines, and unequalled service?
    No. There will be no hockey puck beef. The pastas won't all have spinach. There will be great booze. And the service will be good. And no Random capital Letters (outside of this Sentence).

Important Event Notes (real ones this time!)
  • The burger and Scotch theme is purely optional. Those are the specialties of the restaurant, but you're free to have a salad and a diet Coke, fish and white wine or whatever floats your boat.
  • There will likely be a deal on some Scotch tasting flights - details TBD.
  • The Do host has not achieved Dorian's level of wealth and generosity. No T-shirts or other swag will be provided. Unless people want some AC pens, I have a bunch of those lying around. Or unless yyznomad shows up with some of his headphones and other goodies.