Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYC Fall Do - 3rd Annual Burgers & Scotch evening - December 8, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
Calgary Fall AC FT Do - 3rd Annual Burgers & Scotch Evening

Date: Saturday, December 8th
Boarding Time: 18:00
Reservation is under Adam Smith

Current Availability - The Do is sold out.
J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 O0 E0 N0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0 X0
This Do is operated in an All-J+PY configuration like SQ's SIN-EWR flight.
​​​​​
Confirmed pax
Adam Smith +1
KDS777
YYC3722 +1
zone1boarding
folkart
King Chung Huang
canadiancow
AmericanBovine
yyznomad
10yroldsuperelite
rehoult
YEG_SE4Life
expert7700
Bohemian1
WR Cage +1 (early arrival and early departure)
nomadic.relief
BlondeBomber
SearsTower
cooleddie
HerpaYvr
24left - who doesn't love surprise guest appearances, lol

Signed up for EF alerts on Do availability, but not yet committed to the Do
​​​​​

Only come to Dos with T-shirts / don't like burgers or Scotch / committed to eating burgers and drinking Scotch elsewhere that night
Nitehawk
YHZTraveller (excuses may include having to go to TPA, or trying to avoid sleeping in the doghouse)

Important Event Notes - FAQ
  • Wait, isn't it winter in December in YYC?
    Technically it's still fall until December 21st, so I can still call this a fall Do. But yes, it's likely to be winter conditions. It's YYC in December, after all

• Don't you know it's Christmas party season, you jerk? No way I can get away / I won't be able to get a babysitter / it's possible that Uber will have surge pricing later in the evening.
    My Christmas party is the night before and I have no kids, so it works just fine for me

• Will I be able to enjoy a delectable menu with a flair for International cuisine, fine wines, and unequalled service?
    No. There will be no hockey puck beef. The pastas won't all have spinach. There will be great booze. And the service will be good. And no Random capital Letters (outside of this Sentence).

Important Event Notes (real ones this time!)
  • The burger and Scotch theme is purely optional. Those are the specialties of the restaurant, but you're free to have a salad and a diet Coke, fish and white wine or whatever floats your boat.
  • There will likely be a deal on some Scotch tasting flights - details TBD.
  • The Do host has not achieved Dorian's level of wealth and generosity. No T-shirts or other swag will be provided. Unless people want some AC pens, I have a bunch of those lying around. Or unless yyznomad shows up with some of his headphones and other goodies.
Print Wikipost

YYC Fall Do - 3rd Annual Burgers & Scotch evening - December 8, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
If no one wants to share with you, I may be in the area!

I am coming down early, going to Canmore for lunch with a friend and then heading back to Calgary. I can take the slightly longer route and drive by the airport, and pick you up, like an Uber!
Wow, that's quite nice of you! Thanks!
I'll ping you again as the Do gets near, just in case you changed your plans (or mind).
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Wow, that's quite nice of you! Thanks!
I'll ping you again as the Do gets near, just in case you changed your plans (or mind).

Do that as my car is not qualified to be an Uber and if lunch turns out to be more than lunch....well, i may be having breakfast in Canmore too!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Do that as my car is not qualified to be an Uber and if lunch turns out to be more than lunch....well, i may be having breakfast in Canmore too!
Ok, well I certainly wouldn't want to get in the way of much more important plans.

Will do.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
I arrive into YYC around 5pm. Anyone arriving around the same time? Share a ride to downtown?
I should arrive around 4:45pm. We could sample the Glen Breton on the way downtown, provided you like it neat (I prefer over ice for Glen Breton, but will drink it neat if I have too).

I just need to confirm all the the family schedules, and reschedule my Christmas haircut, before I can commit to attending!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I should arrive around 4:45pm. We could sample the Glen Breton on the way downtown, provided you like it neat (I prefer over ice for Glen Breton, but will drink it neat if I have too).

I just need to confirm all the the family schedules, and reschedule my Christmas haircut, before I can commit to attending!
Ok, let me know! And yes, neat is my preference most of the time.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I arrive into YYC around 5pm. Anyone arriving around the same time? Share a ride to downtown?
We arrive 400pm on F9 108, and are renting vehicle. Seat availability currently J0R0Y2 but can be upgauged to van if needed.

SE100k pax have priority access to trunk for baggage.
YYC traveler likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by expert7700
I thought the trunk was reserved for "TrunkCargo".... Sorry, that is a reference from another thread.....
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I arrive 16:35 and will have a car. I'll hang out in the MLL waiting for you.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
We arrive 400pm on F9 108, and are renting vehicle. Seat availability currently J0R0Y2 but can be upgauged to van if needed.

This SE and his companion may be able to use your Y2. ETA of the flight is 1543, but it's a Jazz CR9 out of SFO, so...
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I arrive 16:35 and will have a car. I'll hang out in the MLL waiting for you.
Well ok then! I'll gladly accept. Thanks!

@HerpaYvr and @Yhztraveller thank you very much for your consideration and hope your initial plans work out (breakfast in Canmore, and moving Christmas haircut)!
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:56 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
ETA of the flight is 1543, but it's a Jazz CR9 out of SFO, so...
Then you are all set for an 18:00 arrival. Just in time for the 'Do'.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
This SE and his companion may be able to use your Y2. ETA of the flight is 1543, but it's a Jazz CR9 out of SFO, so...
I guess you decided not to do 8744 first!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I guess you decided not to do 8744 first!
I haven't yet bought the FP I'm going to use, so it's still up in the air.

But with a holiday party the night before, I think 1200 is safer than 1030.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:13 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
If no one wants to share with you, I may be in the area!

I am coming down early, going to Canmore for lunch with a friend and then heading back to Calgary. I can take the slightly longer route and drive by the airport, and pick you up, like an Uber!
The ring road has made this to a not-totally-awful prospect.

Moot now, but great of you to offer!

But do guaranteed reservations apply when it's booked to capacity?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
This is a useless post, but I wanted to state how disappointed I am that I can't come to this. I am anxious to attend my first do.

Alas, family arrives on the 7th and I have not seen them in a long time. Tough one to skip out of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.