Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYC Fall Do - 3rd Annual Burgers & Scotch evening - December 8, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
Calgary Fall AC FT Do - 3rd Annual Burgers & Scotch Evening

Date: Saturday, December 8th
Boarding Time: 18:00
Reservation is under Adam Smith

Current Availability - The Do is sold out.
J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 O0 E0 N0 R0 I0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0 X0
This Do is operated in an All-J+PY configuration like SQ's SIN-EWR flight.
​​​​​
Confirmed pax
Adam Smith +1
KDS777
YYC3722 +1
zone1boarding
folkart
King Chung Huang
canadiancow
AmericanBovine
yyznomad
10yroldsuperelite
rehoult
YEG_SE4Life
expert7700
Bohemian1
WR Cage +1 (early arrival and early departure)
nomadic.relief
BlondeBomber
SearsTower
cooleddie
HerpaYvr
24left - who doesn't love surprise guest appearances, lol

Signed up for EF alerts on Do availability, but not yet committed to the Do
​​​​​

Only come to Dos with T-shirts / don't like burgers or Scotch / committed to eating burgers and drinking Scotch elsewhere that night
Nitehawk
YHZTraveller (excuses may include having to go to TPA, or trying to avoid sleeping in the doghouse)

Important Event Notes - FAQ
  • Wait, isn't it winter in December in YYC?
    Technically it's still fall until December 21st, so I can still call this a fall Do. But yes, it's likely to be winter conditions. It's YYC in December, after all

• Don't you know it's Christmas party season, you jerk? No way I can get away / I won't be able to get a babysitter / it's possible that Uber will have surge pricing later in the evening.
    My Christmas party is the night before and I have no kids, so it works just fine for me

• Will I be able to enjoy a delectable menu with a flair for International cuisine, fine wines, and unequalled service?
    No. There will be no hockey puck beef. The pastas won't all have spinach. There will be great booze. And the service will be good. And no Random capital Letters (outside of this Sentence).

Important Event Notes (real ones this time!)
  • The burger and Scotch theme is purely optional. Those are the specialties of the restaurant, but you're free to have a salad and a diet Coke, fish and white wine or whatever floats your boat.
  • There will likely be a deal on some Scotch tasting flights - details TBD.
  • The Do host has not achieved Dorian's level of wealth and generosity. No T-shirts or other swag will be provided. Unless people want some AC pens, I have a bunch of those lying around. Or unless yyznomad shows up with some of his headphones and other goodies.
Print Wikipost

YYC Fall Do - 3rd Annual Burgers & Scotch evening - December 8, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Just be sure not to be one week early this time.
I did that a couple of years ago too, at a Dorian YVR Do... Glad i'm not the only one.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I did that a couple of years ago too, at a Dorian YVR Do... Glad i'm not the only one.
Was that a week early or just a day early?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Was that a week early or just a day early?
Week early, Flew in with Harbour Air.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm confirmed.

And as per the wiki, I'll bring some more goodies like menus (mid-2000s to current) and whatever cheap AC earbuds I can find/ have left. Probably some other AC knickknacks, trinkets, kitsch, and wallpaper.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I'm confirmed.
Beautiful, look forward to seeing you! Been way too long since our last burger and Scotch.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I'm confirmed.

And as per the wiki, I'll bring some more goodies like menus (mid-2000s to current) and whatever cheap AC earbuds I can find/ have left. Probably some other AC knickknacks, trinkets, kitsch, and wallpaper.

I think I will also attend.

If I do not get thrown into jail for fighting my speeding ticket in court on the 5th ( I can be passionate when accused of a motor vehicle infraction when I am innocentish!)

I will come down to Canmore and visit a friend for lunch and then come into Calgary.

I will make sure its on Saturday Dec 8th!

I can bring a box of ten Air Canada Earbuds, some older versions etc to supplement yyznomad's.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:02 pm

I was really hoping to shift my schedule around to make it out, but that is not looking likely.

I'm sure everyone will have a great time!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Beautiful, look forward to seeing you! Been way too long since our last burger and Scotch.
Yes, it has indeed been way too long since then!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I am ready to commit. Just taxiing out in a 777 no wifi. I will adjust the wiki tonight.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I was really hoping to shift my schedule around to make it out, but that is not looking likely.

I'm sure everyone will have a great time!
But who's going to walk around with me in the cold, looking for beer?
nomadic.relief and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:08 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
But who's going to walk around with me in the cold, looking for beer?
It's Cowtown in December - it won't be cold!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Nice to see @rehoult sneak himself on to the list... Will you stay for the full Do this time?

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
It's Cowtown in December - it won't be cold!
I think the wiki was pretty honest on this. Although we could luck out and get a chinook.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:42 pm

Nice to see @rehoult sneak himself on to the list... Will you stay for the full Do this time?
That's the plan!
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@jaysona and I left to catch the redeye last year... what time did last year's DO end? Did Buchanan's stay open later to accommodate the DO?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

@jaysona and I left to catch the redeye last year... what time did last year's DO end? Did Buchanan's stay open later to accommodate the DO?
Buchanan's would normally stay open until 11. If there's a large group of us still hanging out and purchasing beverages, they may or may not stay open a bit longer. I think last year's Do wrapped up a bit earlier than that, although I believe a subset of the group went to a house party and/or other venues as a sort of after-Do. I'm thinking @canadiancow and @SKYEG may have been part of that, but I don't really remember - I'm an old man and went to bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.