FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Vancouver - Honolulu - Vancouver in business class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1937219-vancouver-honolulu-vancouver-business-class.html)

Yukonprince Oct 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Vancouver - Honolulu - Vancouver in business class

Flying January 26 - February 19 - 8:10am going 13:55 returning.

Is this a Rouge flight I don't think so) and what can I expect in business class please :) ?

Thank you!

yyznomad Oct 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Yukonprince (Post 30352145)
Flying January 26 - February 19 - 8:10am going 13:55 returning.

Is this a Rouge flight I don't think so) and what can I expect in business class please :) ?

Thank you!

ML on a 7M8
Narrowbody transborder longhaul J offering.

YEG_SE4Life Oct 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30352165)
ML on a 7M8
Narrowbody transborder longhaul J offering.

Probably without wifi.

Bartolo Oct 25, 2018 7:10 am

Not sure exactly what you are asking.

I’ve done the route many times on both Rouge and ML. However, not on 7M8. Longest on latter aircraft for me is just over 3 hrs.

Rouge (767, J) on this route was really uncomfortable. ML better due to pods. Service/soft product on both disappointing. Food was awful even during previous ML incarnation.

Not very impressed with 7M8 except that it was newer. Despite that, still had to “clean” seat/tray area. Being in row 1 made it marginally better and it felt like I had more space. I’m average height and still hit my head on the overhead bins when returning to my seat.

Diabeetus Oct 25, 2018 11:54 am

I've done it on 763 Rouge as well. Haven't tried the 78M seats myself yet.

763 Rouge business seats are less confortable than the A320 J seats.
​​​​​​
meal service was decent, but food quality not as nice as mainline premium long haul J (i.e. yyc/yvr to yyz/yul).

yyznomad Oct 25, 2018 2:08 pm

@Yukonprince

Your specific flights listed are not Rouge. They are narrowbody mainline.

Bartolo Oct 26, 2018 8:56 am

HI flights were mostly “de-rouged” when Rouge base at YVR closed.

YVRPPL Oct 30, 2018 7:35 pm

Is the J meal offering on the AC 536 red-eye any different from the normal Narrowbody transborder longhaul J offering?

Bartolo Oct 31, 2018 12:58 pm

I have done this route prior to Rouge and during the Rouge days. Someone else may have info from the current season. However, I never saw big difference in the J meals.

Seemed to me, pre-Rouge the meals were worse than those on a route like YYZ-LAX, for example. In both cases, it was pretty pathetic. I recall once asking for another roll and being told “we board one per person”.

The saving grace pre-Rouge was pods. Creative scheduling got you a pod which was great, especially for the red-eye flights back to the mainland.

A trip down nostalgia lane: If we go really far back, you could do this route as part of AC 33/34. A small number of seats were allocated to those deplaning/boarding in the islands. No pods back then but a much superior meal service and premium wines.

Hopefully catering has improved. Bon appetite.

eracerblue Oct 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Any suggestions for travelling to HI in comfort with an infant? YXC Likely via YYC/YVR to OGG/KOA/ITO

Possibly this winter, but definitely the following 2019/20. I now see that the routes have been de-Rouge’d, but the 7M8 doesn’t look like much of a treat, or really even have space for a bassinet. I also realize that there could be metal changes in the mean time... but would like to know if there are better options that are sometimes offered, on another carrier, with an extra connect, etc.

yyznomad Oct 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by YVRPPL (Post 30375194)
Is the J meal offering on the AC 536 red-eye any different from the normal Narrowbody transborder longhaul J offering?

My data point:
All of my AC ML flights (30+) to/from Hawaii in J (all widebody pre-Signature Service rollout) have had the same service as "normal" transborder/domestic transcon service.

So I'm going to guess that AC536 will be the same as narrowbody transborder longhaul J. But I could be wrong. (How dare I guess!)

tracon Oct 31, 2018 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by eracerblue (Post 30378094)
Any suggestions for travelling to HI in comfort with an infant? YXC Likely via YYC/YVR to OGG/KOA/ITO

Possibly this winter, but definitely the following 2019/20. I now see that the routes have been de-Rouge’d, but the 7M8 doesn’t look like much of a treat, or really even have space for a bassinet. I also realize that there could be metal changes in the mean time... but would like to know if there are better options that are sometimes offered, on another carrier, with an extra connect, etc.

Drive to YYC.
Some UA flights to HNL have flat beds.

AC YYC-OGG in February is $1500 in J.
That's cheaper or within a couple hundred dollars of the cheapest American carrier fares.

Maybe a flight pass?
Go late this winter and early next winter.

martyYOW Nov 2, 2018 7:45 pm

I know there’s a lot of hate for the 7M8 but I’ve flown in business YYZ-LAX several times (which is comparable to YVR-HNL) and it’s fine. I honestly don’t find it any worse (or better) than on the 320. Definitely better than Rouge.

allbrosca Nov 4, 2018 9:40 am

I booked YYZ-DEN-KOA on United in March a couple of weeks ago. Fare I got was CDN$2156 return.. DEN-KOA is flat bed. See how it is.