Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What realistic changes would you like to see onboard AC flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond

Keeping it realistic, what changes would you like to see AC make onboard its flights. It can be things that you have seen on other airlines, or once existed but are now gone.

My list:
1. Live TV service on all flights, including international. (Can be just a few channels, like CNN)
2. External cameras
3. Book the cook on international signature service
4. Pyjamas on International signature service
5. Some free wifi for premium and business class passengers
6. A proper breakfast in Y on TATL flights. The banana bread puts AC to shame!
7. Airphones... ok, just kidding about that last one

What would like to see ?

Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Single malt (at least 12 years for non-peat) Scotch in J (in addition to the existing JW Black).
vernonc, fin 645, Badenoch and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
BoB, hot food and booze, that doesn't run out by the 3rd row.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Agree with:
Book the cook
Pajamas that do not reek of pesticide like the socks do
Wifi for Signature Service

Adding:
Different features in Amenity Bag
- go back to the old style toothbrush in the kit prior to this one
-adjustable eyeshade
-comb
-Just see BA bag
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Pre-order hot meals in Y on North American flights.

Pre-order meal selection in J.

Drink or snack ordering from IFE in J.

AC app & website usage complimentary on in-flight wifi for all pax.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:39 pm

I spent 5 minutes thinking of this question long and hard.

Y meals -- because onboard meals have been abolished in Y (except mediocre BoB), ground-based vendors have sprung up with offerings that are dramatically more diversified and tasty than what AC offers.
Free drinks -- sounds great until you realize that the lack of free drinks has really cut down abuse and drunkenness amongst passengers.
More legroom -- sure, but that would have to come at a price, and can be bought by way of preferred seating or PY much of the time.
WiFi -- if it were made free, it would probably be far less usable due to bandwidth constraints.
Open cockpit door -- sure, it was fun as a passenger being invited up to the jumpseat for landing, but there are some unfortunate reasons why such can never happen again on public commercial aviation.
Free exit row seats -- the system where you pay for them is far more democratic.

About the only thing I'd tell AC to do right now is to expand wireless online services, ie: let me order and pay for a drink or snacks through the AC app, for delivery to my seat.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Improved quality for food and wine in J. Remainder is fluff. Sure, I like pyjamas, but I don't feel it's terribly important.

In Y, with the exception of the occasional business traveller (much better represented here than on board) price is the overriding issue. Sure, people would not mind having their cake and eating it too. But given the choice of more service with assorted fare increase, guess what.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
1. Cleaner LAVS on International Flights-similar to EVA
2. Bring back curtain between PE and Y
3. Preordering of meals in J Intl. Has to be more efficient that telling a number of pax that their first choice is not available.
4. Better breakfasts in J. Pancakes should have butter on the side, not built into the dish. Also, axe the balsamic dressing or give at least one other choice.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Stranger
Improved quality for food and wine in J. Remainder is fluff. Sure, I like pyjamas, but I don't feel it's terribly important.

In Y, with the exception of the occasional business traveller (much better represented here than on board) price is the overriding issue. Sure, people would not mind having their cake and eating it too. But given the choice of more service with assorted fare increase, guess what.
I wouldn't describe providing options to upsell Y into a tolerable experience as having one's cake and eating it too. There are lots of flyers - especially business travelers bound by expense policies - who simply will never buy domestic J at 5x Y prices, but can spend $20 for a decent meal on a transcon. I don't think that cannibalizes J one bit.
Wings100 and shadowspar like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: TK *G
I can think of many realistic changes, and I can think of many changes I would like to see as well, but the union of those two sets is an empty set.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I would settle for garbage being removed from seatbacks prior to a flight.

And the curtain between Y and PY. Oh my Lord, the curtain. PLEASE.
hazcaddy, JordanYVR and jc94 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I have never had much of an issue with the amenities and service on board an aircraft once it's airborne. It's fine for me.

What really needs improvement is just about everything that happens before that, and in some cases after that.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 23, 2020 at 11:27 am
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I would like to see better Y choices. I would even be happy to pay for a PE/J style meal in Y in advance.
RangerNS likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
Add a button/function on the IFE to take me right back to where I was in my movie/tv show before it was cut off by the safety video. Always peeved to have to reselect the genre>title>language>resume where I left off. Every. Single. Time.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and meagicano like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.