YYZ-LAS Why Always Rouge?

Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I think you missed the sarcasm in that post...Everyone (except AC perhaps) knows that Vegas is convention city.
oh ya DUH
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everyone (except AC perhaps) knows that Vegas is convention city.
Not in my world though. Never had to go there, thanks the gods.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by jasdou
Bolding mine. @NordsFan summarized the situation well. You said that it was the "first time in a long time no mainline" operating in YQB yet it has been more than 10 years since YQB saw regular mainline service. Sky Regional took over the YYZ route from ML at that point. The switch from Q400s to E175 and rouge 319/321s happened on July 1st. I am quite pleased with the aircraft we now get on this rouge, this is a significant upgrade over the DH4 we were getting before. However there was a reduction in frequency in order to keep the daily seat count constant. I don't see how replacing a Q400 with a mix of E175 and 319/321 could be considered "rough", sorry.
That was my spell check not liking rouge and converting it to rough. But the info is appreciated as was NordsFans.
jasdou likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I wonder why WS is putting Swoop onto LAS, PHX and MCO routes then?
I can still fly Westjet mainline to both LAS and MCO. I have flights booked for both right through the winter.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:21 am

Everyone (except AC perhaps) knows that Vegas is convention city.
And? What's there to "know" exactly??
Convention goers overwhelmingly book lowest Economy and many days/weeks in advance. Guess Vegas hotels haven't yet clued in that Vegas is convention city - check their rates for Sun-Thur (convention days) - they're a fraction of weekend rates. Oddly, for some I guess, the same hold true for airfares into LAS.
Originally Posted by Symmetre
I can still fly Westjet mainline to both LAS and MCO. I have flights booked for both right through the winter.
Westjet and AC know the Rouge jet flying the same route as your mainline WS to LAS/MCO is far more profitable.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Conventions are when $JOB really cracks the whip on their somewhat grey travel policy. Consulting gigs are mostly billed through and just have a max (or a hit on the margins), but non-billable excursions they get all anal on us.

Not that ACr is a discount to PAX, just to AC.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Westjet and AC know the Rouge jet flying the same route as your mainline WS to LAS/MCO is far more profitable.
I get that. But I will continue to vote with my wallet to make it less so. I shifted a good chunk of travel spend from AC to WS and DL when they put rouge on my business flights (I attend several trade shows each year in rouged markets like LAS, MCO, TPA and MIA). AC once had that revenue as a gimme, but they lost it by forcing me to either accept rouge or fly with someone else.

Someone else - WS and DL - won and now split approx $20k each year that I used to give to AC. Given the growing number of AC Attitude bag tags I see on Westjet flights these days, I know I'm not alone in shifting my travel spend.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by charlyholly1
Wondering why AC provides strictly Rouge service to Las Vegas? We are travelling there with AC Vacations next month and after reading a number of Rouge reviews, I'm not impressed with what people are saying about 767-300's. Unfortunately competitors don't have the hotel options we're interested in. Hopefully I will be presently surprised with the flight. Any insights on this? (Apologize if this has been covered before but in checking available threads I didn't find anything.)

Cheers,
Rob
Rouge 767 has better seats than AC 777 or 787 in Economy. Reality all of AC is Rouge in Economy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.