Wiki Posts
Search

Problems adding Aeroplan number to LH ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM
Problems adding Aeroplan number to LH ticket

Just purchased an intra-Europe ticket on Lufthansa website. No option to add Aeroplan as the FF number. Drop down box does not give AE as a choice. Tried to circumvent by creating a Lufthansa ID, added AE number to profile, then purchased ticket. But didn’t work, issued ticket does not have AE number and again drop down box does not offer AE as an FF choice in edit option for booking...

Anybody experienced this?

Thx much
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
I did an itra-Europe flight last week and just added my AE # in the LH app.
If you have gold you should see it on your boarding pass. if you have any problems they can also add it at check in.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LesDorgo
I did an itra-Europe flight last week and just added my AE # in the LH app.
If you have gold you should see it on your boarding pass. if you have any problems they can also add it at check in.
thx. I just tried iPhone app, and again AE is not a choice in FF drop down box! All the other * programs seem to be there. Something very odd. Trying to see if general or just something associated with me/what I did.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: AC 75K
Considering this is related to the LH website/app, you might get more traction in the LH forum.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
Originally Posted by visitor

thx. I just tried iPhone app, and again AE is not a choice in FF drop down box! All the other * programs seem to be there. Something very odd. Trying to see if general or just something associated with me/what I did.
I just tried on the LH app under my booking and it does not list AE as option any more but when you go to profile and miles and more account you can add your AE number there and it worked for me.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LesDorgo
I just tried on the LH app under my booking and it does not list AE as option any more but when you go to profile and miles and more account you can add your AE number there and it worked for me.
my AE number shows up in my Lufthansa ID, but not in the booking. In the LH app, when I look for FF number, it says no membership...

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Considering this is related to the LH website/app, you might get more traction in the LH forum.
Thx, I thought of that, but my logic was that LH forum folk would not know about an AE glitch. All the other * partners show up as an option...

It's a business class ticket, so not having my *G on the BP until check-in is fine. As always just frustrating how little things don't work.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by visitor
my AE number shows up in my Lufthansa ID, but not in the booking. In the LH app, when I look for FF number, it says no membership...

Thx, I thought of that, but my logic was that LH forum folk would not know about an AE glitch. All the other * partners show up as an option...

It's a business class ticket, so not having my *G on the BP until check-in is fine. As always just frustrating how little things don't work.
I know there are some differences, but what are you hoping to get from *G that business class won't give you? Is it just IRROPs protection, or are you wanting an extra bag in addition to what I assume is the normal 2 x 32kg ones.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jc94
I know there are some differences, but what are you hoping to get from *G that business class won't give you? Is it just IRROPs protection, or are you wanting an extra bag in addition to what I assume is the normal 2 x 32kg ones.
Nothing really - want to make sure I get my AQD, as making SE again this year will be a little tight. So essentially I'm being OCD :-)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I agree as this isn't an Aeroplan issue per se but rather an LH website and app issue with adding Aeroplan number so should be a LH forum topic.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:31 pm

You will also as *G get to use the senator lounge not just the bus lounge. Little different just a little better. But when you check in just added it then.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Earlier this month I was behind a AC*G who had arrived on AC and was flying on to PRG with LH in economy. The lounge access system wouldn't recognise the *G coded in the (AC issued) BP and the lounge warden was insisting the gentlemen shows his Aeroplan Gold which he of course didn't have with him.

So carry your card and ask the checkin agent to enter it into your reservation. Since you are in business class, it can wait till you arrive at the airport....

The website doesn't have AC as an FFP option, in fact the list is rather outdated, as it also lists former partner 9W too
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Air Canada / Aeroplan number in LH booking

I just booked a flight on lufthansa.com for my wife and wanted to add her Air Canada FF number. Interestingly, there is no Air Canada or Aeroplan FFP to chose from in the respective pull down menu. Does LH does not like AC anymore?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by totti
I just booked a flight on lufthansa.com for my wife and wanted to add her Air Canada FF number. Interestingly, there is no Air Canada or Aeroplan FFP to chose from in the respective pull down menu. Does LH does not like AC anymore?
Your colleague moderator asked the lurkers in that thread a while ago but clearly it hasn’t yet been resolved. [I think they have a lot of other IT issues to resolve with their “new” site]

Maybe you can link the booking through Aeroplan site?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:55 am
isi

I've had the same issue this week. Will see if I can get a response from LH on twitter -- I've had success there with a bunch of other airlines but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Thanks for the feedback guys. This is a very poor job by LH IT…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.