FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC announces Montreal and Bordeaux seasonal service June 15 - September 15, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1933686-ac-announces-montreal-bordeaux-seasonal-service-june-15-september-15-2019-a.html)

tcook052 Oct 3, 2018 6:09 am

AC announces Montreal and Bordeaux seasonal service June 15 - September 15, 2019

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...695009551.html

MONTREAL, Oct. 3, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada announced today the introduction of new seasonal Montreal and Bordeaux service between June 15 and September 15, 2019. Flights will operate four days a week with Boeing 737 MAX 8 and are timed to optimize connectivity to Air Canada's extensive North American network, including major cities along the US east coast including New York, Boston, Philadelphia, also allowing easy connections from Los Angeles, San Francisco and Dallas.

Special introductory fares start as low as $798 round-trip, all in, and tickets are now available for purchase at aircanada.com or through travel agents.

"As the only network carrier to offer non-stop transatlantic service to Bordeaux, the addition of a fifth destination in France further enhances Air Canada's competitive position in the French market. Our four weekly flights are the most offered than any other airline between Montreal and Bordeaux providing travellers unique access to the famed wine growing region and the popular Nouvelle-Aquitaine market. In addition to playing a special role in connecting Canada with many French-speaking communities around the world, our Montreal hub is increasingly popular among U.S. travelers who appreciate seamless connections to international destinations on Air Canada," said Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Air Canada.

Air Canada has configured its Boeing 737 MAX with two cabins of service: Premium Economy and Economy. Features of the new aircraft include:
  • An upgraded in-flight entertainment system with a sleek, new 15 language user interface. Coming soon, passengers will be able to stream video and audio to their own devices;
  • High speed Wi-Fi will be available on these flights so customers can use their devices in-flight just as they would on the ground making travelling more relaxing as well as productive;
  • Premium comfort and ambiance with improved seats and innovative LED mood lighting along the ceiling;
  • Upgraded overhead storage space compartments offer additional space for every single passenger to bring a carry-on bag;
  • The latest quiet engine technology with up to 40 per cent noise reduction, offering more peace and quiet for customers when flying;
  • The Boeing 737 MAX burns 20 per cent less fuel per seat than the previous Next-Generation 737.
Flight
From
To
Depart
Arrive
Days of operation
AC814
Montreal
Bordeaux
8:30 p.m.
9:25 a.m. (+1 day)
Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat
AC815
Bordeaux
Montreal
10:25 a.m.
12:20 p.m.
Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun
"The arrival of Air Canada on the Montréal-Bordeaux route enhances air service options to this popular French destination for Montrealers. Once again, I would like to thank Air Canada for its confidence and contributions to the development of our air service," said Philippe Rainville, President and CEO of Aéroports de Montréal.

YYT82 Oct 3, 2018 6:15 am

High-speed WiFi will be available? So AC is stating in a definitive manner that WiFi will be installed and fully commissioned on the B73M fleet by the time they start the service on June 15, 2019. If WiFi is still not available then, will that constitute false advertisement?

Diabeetus Oct 3, 2018 6:54 am

I'm too lazy to math right now.

How long will that flight be?

Will it be ac's longest 737 flight?

Swarez Oct 3, 2018 7:37 am

Interesting announcement. Air Transat does this route now I am guessing.

Wonder if they will ever launch YOW- CDG? Or is there no 737 base in YOW?

ChrisA330 Oct 3, 2018 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Diabeetus (Post 30273860)
I'm too lazy to math right now.

Will it be ac's longest 737 flight?

Blocked for 6h55 on the outbound, and 7h55 on the inbound. :eek:

So far I think that's the longest 7M8 flight that AC has.

Admiral Ackbar Oct 3, 2018 9:53 am

7h on a 737, brave new world indeed! ;)

The Lev Oct 3, 2018 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Diabeetus (Post 30273860)

3430 miles.

Diabeetus Oct 3, 2018 1:54 pm

The bathrooms are going to be so horrific.

Plumber Oct 3, 2018 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 (Post 30274011)
Blocked for 6h55 on the outbound, and 7h55 on the inbound. :eek:

So far I think that's the longest 7M8 flight that AC has.

UGH! No thanks!!

I did YUL- DUB and that was long enough!

Stanbury Oct 3, 2018 2:08 pm

Interesting. I wonder if that will have any repercussions for the YUL - LYS service -- maybe that will change from a 330 (787 in winter) to a 7M8. Arrrgh no, please no ...

pewpew Oct 3, 2018 5:28 pm

Of course they start this after I've moved away from Bordeaux :rolleyes:

Stranger Oct 3, 2018 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Stanbury (Post 30275487)
Interesting. I wonder if that will have any repercussions for the YUL - LYS service -- maybe that will change from a 330 (787 in winter) to a 7M8. Arrrgh no, please no ...

BOD is very close to the range limit already. LYS is quite a bit above. However BRU is close to BOD.

Garbageman Oct 4, 2018 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 30273744)

Air Canada has configured its Boeing 737 MAX with two cabins of service: Premium Economy and Economy. Features of the new aircraft include:

Is this a typo? Are they selling 7M8 J as premium economy internationally now? Or is this a new config?

nave888 Oct 4, 2018 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Garbageman (Post 30279962)
Is this a typo? Are they selling 7M8 J as premium economy internationally now? Or is this a new config?

Back in the day, YYT-LHR was an a319 and sold as J, while YHZ-LHR was a regular 763 with J. When they both went to 737s last year, AC decided to sell 737 J seats as PE on all TATL flights.

In my opinion, this was a great move, as its really unfair to sell those seats as international business class. Delta does something similar with domestic 757s that fly to Europe - sold as PE, not J.

That said, a 737 for 7+ hours sounds terrible. I'd much rather take a connection and enjoy a normal sized TATL plane!

matthieugd Oct 4, 2018 7:42 pm

I can’t wait that AC is taking control of Aeroplan, such amazing deals await... 150$ for 60k miles ! I know that the luggage is not included in the revenue ticket but still, 600$ of tax :(

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a95982801.jpeg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...45652dfa53.png