Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC to drop Harrisburg, Rochester and Syracuse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC to drop Harrisburg, Rochester and Syracuse

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I did three YYZ-YZR round-trips last month and of the six segments one was on time, four were delayed about an hour and one was cancelled with all of the delays/cancellations due to mechanical issues. I’m really hoping that these planes just disappear completely as it seems like every flight on them is a roll of the dice.

While I was in YZR I heard a number of locals complaining about the OTP performance and that many folks were driving to YXU instead. I also came across this article in the local press talking about the equipment changes with the hope of improved reliability.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:57 am
SK

Angry Credo quia absurdum est

Similar for Syracuse.
Absurdly high fares, seemingly in order to discourage anyone from flying directly SYR-YYZ, and keep all seats only for those connecting through Toronto.
SYR-YYZ-Europe roundtrips were often priced cheaper than simple SYR-YYZ-SYR flights!

Originally Posted by shadowspar
IDK, maybe if they wouldn't have charged $700 for a 100-mile hop from YYZ-ROC, they might have managed to sell more seats on those little planes?
Originally Posted by 24left
"In place of direct flights, Air Canada is selling itineraries to Syracuse and Rochester that involve connections in Chicago via its codeshare with United Airlines, its website shows."
shadowspar likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SK
Similar for Syracuse.
Absurdly high fares, seemingly in order to discourage anyone from flying directly SYR-YYZ, and keep all seats only for those connecting through Toronto.
SYR-YYZ-Europe roundtrips were often priced cheaper than simple SYR-YYZ-SYR flights!
This also applies to the US market in general for AC!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
My relatives are reasonably regular flyers on YYC-ROC, and always go through ORD on UA now. They have had too many cancellations on the YYZ-ROC route, at least ROC-ORD usually flies.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
They’ll need all the planes at YYC for spares when they go tech!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
More and more 'news' media are suggesting that Air Georgian is phasing out the Beechcraft.

Here is the latest AirlineRoute article (https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...late-oct-2018/). I don't understand... there has been no official notice from either Air Canada or Air Georgian that they are phasing out the Beechcraft nor does this article remind us that Air Georgian still flies Beechcraft for Air Canada on routes out of YYC.

I wish they [Air Canada/Air Georgian] would just make it official or explain what is going on. 11 aircraft for 3 routes out of YYC? Something is a miss...

Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by YYC009
More and more 'news' media are suggesting that Air Georgian is phasing out the Beechcraft.

Here is the latest AirlineRoute article (https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...late-oct-2018/). I don't understand... there has been no official notice from either Air Canada or Air Georgian that they are phasing out the Beechcraft nor does this article remind us that Air Georgian still flies Beechcraft for Air Canada on routes out of YYC.

I wish they [Air Canada/Air Georgian] would just make it official or explain what is going on. 11 aircraft for 3 routes out of YYC? Something is a miss...

Perhaps AC is waiting to see what happens with the competition.

Pacific Coastal is doing the WestJet Links flying out of Calgary. It is all good to say that new entrants to the market will stimulate the market, however sometimes it just splits the market between two operators. Some of the routes that are currently Dash-8 route where AC is the only game in town may be in trouble if WS comes into the market with a Links offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.