Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can i use my Aeroplan Points to book a flight for someone else

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can i use my Aeroplan Points to book a flight for someone else

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
No issues, go ahead.

My wife knows my AP password so when I die and I know I will one day, she can access my account and fly using my points, for herself, family or friends. I will be dead thus not able to use them. I can't will them, gifting is expensive and booking for others I can't as I will again still be dead.

I have booked trips for others with my priority award and have booked for others as regular. On my AP account, I have my wife and son on there so it's easy to book for them. When booking for friends I just add them and I have never had an issue, while alive. When I am dead, I really can't say for sure right now.

I should mention when my son was a minor I controlled his AP account and booked a couple of trips for me. I figure I paid for his flights, he owed me! No issues at all
That's what I do too. I don't want them to go through the hassle of finding out what my username and password is. I let it be known now because I know I'm going to die one day. I just don't know when and hopefully not soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.