Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
All you ever wanted to know about the AC international Y bottled water!*

*reportedly in current use for some J PDB

250 ml / 8 fl. oz.
(there is an expiry date stamped onto the side label in the form of EXP MMMDD YYYY)

Ingredients / Ingrédients
Water / Eau

Product of Canada / Produit Du Canada
H4Y 1H4

Analysis / Analyse PPM
Cl 31 MG 26 K 2 Na 16 F 0.2 Zn 0 Pb 0 As 0 Cu 0 Ca 64
SO4 18 NO3(N) 0 HCO3 240 TDS 175
Print Wikipost

AC-branded water bottles in J

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:53 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
AC-branded water bottles in J

Got this on AC205 this morning:

When did this happen? I haven't done an AC segment in exactly a month, but it was still Naya back then.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

When did this happen? I haven't done an AC segment in exactly a month, but it was still Naya back then.
A photo of such a bottle was posted a while back with info saying AC is having trouble with the supplier (I'll assume for the 250s since the larger size on international flights are still Naya)

FOUND IT, LOL
@jasdou posted it here on July 23

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30006092-post3577.html

Originally Posted by jasdou
We haven't seen many pictures or menus in this thread for a while so here is my modest contribution.

AC7546 - YYZ-ATL - 23JUL2018

On two occasion today I noticed the PDB water bottle is now a generic AC-branded version instead of Naya. It seems to be the same thing that is served with meal trays in international Y.

​​​​​​​

And

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Water is a temporary substitution due to a supplier problem.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
A photo of such a bottle was posted a while back with info saying AC is having trouble with the supplier (I'll assume for the 250s since the larger size on international flights are still Naya)

FOUND IT, LOL
@jasdou posted it here on July 23

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30006092-post3577.html
​​
Hi 24left!

Leave it to our resident Master of Search to figure it out in no time!

Funny enough, I checked that thread, as well as the international one, but since I had Naya on August 16th, 6th and 2nd, as well as a bunch of flights in July, I didn't think to look anywhere near that far back.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 16, 2018 at 10:55 am
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Hi 24left!

Leave it to our resident Master of Search to fogure it out in no time!

Funny enough, I checked that thread, as well as the international one, but since I had Naya on August 16th, 6th and 2nd, as well as a bunch of flights in July, I didn't think to look anywhere near that far back.
Hi @Adam Smith !!!!!
I find things. Sometimes.
Hope to see you again soon (maybe fries with chipotle mayo or some beautiful aircraft)...... safe travels !!!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma

Well, you are lucky. My recent flight didn’t offer even this one for PDB. SD also didn’t come around with any drinks after the meal.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:37 am

Looks like a Naya to me despite a different wrapper
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Naya is back this morning.

Originally Posted by global happy traveller
Looks like a Naya to me despite a different wrapper
Is that a joke about water all being the same, or were you suggesting the bottle still looks like a Naya bottle? The bottle was definitely very different.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC:50K
As someone who doesn't pay much attention to water bottle branding: I can buy a water bottle any time I want a water bottle. Seeing Naya bottles all over the cabin makes me think "someone drove to Costco and bought a couple trays of water bottles".

I thought that the AC-branded bottles were a nice touch, and I'm sorry to see them go.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cperciva
As someone who doesn't pay much attention to water bottle branding: I can buy a water bottle any time I want a water bottle. Seeing Naya bottles all over the cabin makes me think "someone drove to Costco and bought a couple trays of water bottles".

I thought that the AC-branded bottles were a nice touch, and I'm sorry to see them go.
I feel the opposite. The Naya bottles are thicker plastic. Heavier duty than the cheapo $4 Nestle cases of 40 at Costco

The AC branded ones are flimsy and distort under their own weight. The presentation screams to me that AC was unhappy paying 10 cents for water and paid a team of accountants to find a smaller 7 cent bottle with a 2 cent AC-branded label stuck on.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC:50K
Originally Posted by expert7700
I feel the opposite. The Naya bottles are thicker plastic. Heavier duty than the cheapo $4 Nestle cases of 40 at Costco

The AC branded ones are flimsy and distort under their own weight.
Right, I'm not commenting on the quality of the bottles, only on the branding. Get good quality water bottles and put AC branding on them.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Happened a while ago... has nutrition data with non-zero stats too.

Just yesterday was on a flight where seatmate received Naya and I received AC Eau "pdb". We were both SE so it's hard to say who receives priority water choice... He just had to suck it up.
D582 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Naya is back this morning.

Is that a joke about water all being the same, or were you suggesting the bottle still looks like a Naya bottle? The bottle was definitely very different.
On YQB-YYZ yesterday, I got Naya while @DrunkCargo got AC.
DrunkCargo and D582 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat

The AC branded ones are flimsy and distort under their own weight. The presentation screams to me that AC was unhappy paying 10 cents for water and paid a team of accountants to find a smaller 7 cent bottle with a 2 cent AC-branded label stuck on.
AC plastic produces less waste you mean?

Also has those bulges on all 4 corners to make them stick less when side-by-side... And, they're square thus take up less space for same volume. I haven't compared nutrition data yet, but I guess that opportunity was unnoticed yesterday. Was more captivated by engine oscillations and other obvious equipment damage.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Happened a while ago... has nutrition data with non-zero stats too.
This. It has been at least a few months now, possibly longer.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat

Clearly they are going for cheap. If they wanted to project a premium feel they would have used something like this:

https://greatcanadianwater.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.