Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Promotion: Buy miles for as low as 1.5 cents/mile.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion: Buy miles for as low as 1.5 cents/mile.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
The thread is sparse but looking at some posts from the first reported offer at 1.5c, it looks like reported transactions upthread were successful and within the points receipt window... unlike this time.
Yes, first tine mine came in ~24 hours (posted on a Thursday at 8PM EST), this time around nothing yet. Also no confirmation email. I am sticking to my theory that it's a partially manual process and the reviewer is out of office.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:52 pm

Very interesting to see some other experiences similar to mine.............

Today's update after a great phone call with a super helpful agent.
Have been assured all is in order and the points will be deposited within 48 hours.

What happened?
The agent told me that the transaction is there, they see the payment but for some reason the automated process didn't match up the payment with depositing the miles.
He mentioned that it appeared there may have been an issue with their Moneris payment processor that caused some payments not to process correctly and thus caused the system not to issue the points correctly.
He said my case has been escalated but the manual processing will mean it will take up to 48 hours, however he absolutely assured me that everything is in order, they have a complete record of my purchase and I absolutely will get the points.

They also asked if I needed the points urgently for a reservation as they would make the reservation for me and hold it until the points posted which I thought was a nice touch, but I told them I didn't so was OK waiting.

All in all a much better experience today with a great agent who was determined to get to the bottom of things and I'm happy with waiting the 48 hours. Hopefully there will be no further glitches!
Would be interesting to see if the other failed points postings happened with purchases on Thursday afternoon...........Actually I see WesternCDN made his purchase about 30 minutes before I did on Thursday as well.

Will advise again when (hopefully) the points finally show up!
WesternCDN and jc94 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:08 pm

And finally, about an hour ago the miles have posted to my account so for anyone else in the same boat hopefully your miles will be posted shortly as well.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by atco
And finally, about an hour ago the miles have posted to my account so for anyone else in the same boat hopefully your miles will be posted shortly as well.
Mine, which I purchased 23 hours ago, have now showed up too.
jc94 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: AC 75K
Mine have been posted as well. Still never got any type of confirmation email or receipt, lol.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Mine, which I purchased 23 hours ago, have now showed up too.
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Mine have been posted as well. Still never got any type of confirmation email or receipt, lol.
This is AE. Doing anything within a day is a bonus. You’ll probably get a confirmation in two days based on their standard processes.

Clearly these things all progress while AE has its nightly downtime. You can’t expect them to process things during working hours and while the site is busy letting everyone book and maintain their bookings
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by WesternCDN

I just got my purchase confirmation email at 10:23 this morning, around 12 hours after the miles posted and just the 5 days after the actual purchase lol
WesternCDN likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I just got my purchase confirmation email at 10:23 this morning, around 12 hours after the miles posted and just the 5 days after the actual purchase lol
I guess the clearing house for AP confirmation emails is also manually done.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
bumping this up as I'm wondering if the targeted offerings have continued to now? I'd like to book mini rtw in 2020 and need a lot of points and think 1.5cpm is a fair deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.