FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan event (Vancouver club) September 11 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1930142-aeroplan-event-vancouver-club-september-11-a.html)

Aker Sep 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Aeroplan event (Vancouver club) September 11

looks like aeroplan had some appreciation event at the Vancouver club tonight... does anyone know how these ppl received invites?

yyznomad Sep 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Aker (Post 30194642)
looks like aeroplan had some appreciation event at the Vancouver club tonight... does anyone know how these ppl received invites?

I haven't checked my email associated with my account in awhile... how did you know about this?

Aker Sep 11, 2018 11:59 pm

Wife’s friends she follows on instagram were all posting about it.

Im diamond with aeroplan (one of likely millions) but don’t think I got an invite or I probably would have gone for a free fine dining meal.

Perhaps i I don’t fly as much as these ppl?

yyznomad Sep 12, 2018 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Aker (Post 30194653)
Wife’s friends she follows on instagram were all posting about it.

Im diamond with aeroplan (one of likely millions) but don’t think I got an invite or I probably would have gone for a free fine dining meal.

Perhaps i I don’t fly as much as these ppl?

Who knows.

So your wife's friends attended? How was it?

Aker Sep 12, 2018 12:15 am

Just ppl she follows not close friends. I’m just curious what it was all about.

yyznomad Sep 12, 2018 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Aker (Post 30194685)
Just ppl she follows not close friends. I’m just curious what it was all about.

Same here now that you've brought this up. :)

But even if I had been invited, I don't think I would've been cool enough for the Vancouver Club. :p

dtman85 Sep 12, 2018 12:45 am

I received an invite via email a few weeks ago. The event was held at the Vancouver Club. They served us a three-course meal, it was good. They are planning a Toronto and Montreal dining events for diamond members in the near future.

Smiley90 Sep 12, 2018 12:51 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30194725)
Same here now that you've brought this up. :)

But even if I had been invited, I don't think I would've been cool enough for the Vancouver Club. :p

I've walked by that place many times and have always remained confused about who goes there and for what sort of events. Completely eludes me.

canadiancow Sep 12, 2018 1:25 am

Originally Posted by dtman85 (Post 30194735)
I received an invite via email a few weeks ago. The event was held at the Vancouver Club. They served us a three-course meal, it was good. They are planning a Toronto and Montreal dining events for diamond members in the near future.

Once again, excluded because it would be inconceivable that a frequent flyer would fly somewhere.

YZF_Elite Sep 12, 2018 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90 (Post 30194739)
I've walked by that place many times and have always remained confused about who goes there and for what sort of events. Completely eludes me.

I've been in there twice, mostly empty old boys club from years gone by...

Bohemian1 Sep 12, 2018 8:38 am

No invite for me either, despite SE, Diamond, charming temperament, etc.

No huge loss I am sure.

CZAMFlyer Sep 12, 2018 9:00 am

I didn't receive an invite to this event, but have visited the Vancouver Club on several occasions. I'm not a member; just associated with several who are. It used to be a bit of a 'stuffy red leather, mahogany panelled, whiff-of-cigar' type of place - boy's club if you will - but no longer. Like most venerable institutions, it is evolving. A faint air of exclusivity does permeate, but no more so than from a Signature Lounge.

As Bohemian deduced: no huge loss I am sure.

tracon Sep 12, 2018 9:38 am

I received an invite. Don't recall if was for this event.
By the time I checked my e-mail several hours later, it was "sold" out.

Sopwith Sep 12, 2018 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Aker (Post 30194642)
looks like aeroplan had some appreciation event at the Vancouver club tonight...

If Aeroplan wants to show some appreciation they could start by answering the phone when I call. :rolleyes:

padawanflyer Sep 12, 2018 11:02 am

Originally Posted by tracon (Post 30195977)
I received an invite. Don't recall if was for this event.
By the time I checked my e-mail several hours later, it was "sold" out.

Same here, I think I tried within 1-2 hours of the email arriving, and it was 'sold out'...

The email looked like this:
============
An exclusive dinner curated by Ned Bell, Rick Moonen and Barton Seaver

Diamond status members can experience a series of exclusive perks, courtesy of Aeroplan. As a valued member, you're invited** to a private dining event in the city. On the menu: a complimentary multi-course dinner with wine pairings, created by top chefs. Did we mention that you get a plus one? Only 100 spots are available, so hurry and reserve yours today!

Before you arrive
The event will take place on September 11 at the charming Vancouver Club. Cocktails will be served at 6:30 p.m., with dinner to follow at 7:30 p.m.

While at the event
Explore the night's theme of ocean sustainability, aquaculture and seafood cooking. This special evening will inspire a new appreciation for what our waters can provide.

Your culinary experience
The night's menu will be carefully curated by world-renowned seafood chefs and advocates Ned Bell, Rick Moonen and Barton Seaver. All three chefs will engage with you during dinner to discuss the oceans and what the future holds for seafood—one of our national treasures and something we're known for at an international scale.
============