Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

E35K Select Privileges...what to choose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

For what it's worth, I will probably hit qualification for E50K in a couple of months.

Just got an email on select privileges to choose...for Bundle 1:
  • What's the point of the 35% "Bonus Aeroplan Miles"? I understand they cannot be used towards AQMs, so are they just to accumulate an extra 35% points (or miles) that I could use towards rewards in the Aeroplan store?
  • The other option is 5 eUpgrade Credits. I've never used these before...are they just to upgrade to Business Class, Premium Economy or Premium Rouge, on either domestic or international flights?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by forgotmyUA
For what it's worth, I will probably hit qualification for E50K in a couple of months.

Just got an email on select privileges to choose...for Bundle 1:
  • What's the point of the 35% "Bonus Aeroplan Miles"? I understand they cannot be used towards AQMs, so are they just to accumulate an extra 35% points (or miles) that I could use towards rewards in the Aeroplan store?
  • The other option is 5 eUpgrade Credits. I've never used these before...are they just to upgrade to Business Class, Premium Economy or Premium Rouge, on either domestic or international flights?
1. Yes, or redeem for flights (which is what many of us here do and do so often, so we still find value despite program devaluations over the years).
2. In general, one can use eUpgrade credits to upgrade to any class of cabin higher than the one you're originally booked in, for any destination flight system-wide on any AC (mainline or regional or Rouge) operated flight that has a higher cabin class than you booked.

(and congrats on hitting E35K!)
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

(and congrats on hitting E35K!)
Thanks! Will hit E50K within 6-7 weeks if this keeps up...(unfortunately, hah)...do you know if will there be another select privileges package then, on top of whatever I get now?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Thanks! Will hit E50K within 6-7 weeks if this keeps up...(unfortunately, hah)...do you know if will there be another select privileges package then, on top of whatever I get now?
Yes, you will be prompted to choose your E50K benefits when time comes.

In the past, eUpgrade credits would be tacked on based on the new level, but unfortunately AC now only credits the difference from the previous level that you had attained such eUpgrades.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
As a data point for you, I came from no status this year and by E50 had 55 eup credits. You'll keep piling them up quickly but I'm finding them hard to spend because of the fare classes I'm normally traveling on.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
As a data point for you, I came from no status this year and by E50 had 55 eup credits. You'll keep piling them up quickly but I'm finding them hard to spend because of the fare classes I'm normally traveling on.
That was my experience as an E50 & E35k. Fare class and Co-Pay on TATL mean't I rarely used my E-ups so the bonus on Aeropesos was more useful. Now as a no-status pleb of course I don't have such decisions to make! (Although I'll be P25 next year at least.)
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
If you hit E50K before October 15, you should be given early recognition and you will be asked to select privileges right away.

If you hit E50K after October 15, you will more than likely have to wait until December when Altitude sends all members the invites to choose privileges for next year.

I am not sure how hard the Oct 15 date is.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Plumber
I am not sure how hard the Oct 15 date is.
Me neither, but my guess would be something like "the first Sunday sweep on or after October 15".
Plumber likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Me neither, but my guess would be something like "the first Sunday sweep on or after October 15".
What if you're waiting on AQD earned October 14th that takes 3 weeks to post; of even AQM that takes longer than normal. I assume this involves a phone call.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Great...so I decided to go ahead with the miles. Now, can I enter the Maple Leaf Lounge in YYZ? I haven't received any card yet, apart from that early recognition email...the Priority Pass lounge is terrible (especially the restrooms!).
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Great...so I decided to go ahead with the miles. Now, can I enter the Maple Leaf Lounge in YYZ? I haven't received any card yet, apart from that early recognition email...the Priority Pass lounge is terrible (especially the restrooms!).
Yes you can enter domestic MLL's. Your AC APP should have a digital card for you. You won't receive your card or tags for a couple of weeks at best.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:09 am

Yes, you will be prompted to choose your E50K benefits when time comes.

In the past, eUpgrade credits would be tacked on based on the new level, but unfortunately AC now only credits the difference from the previous level that you had attained such eUpgrades.
fwiw I went from 35k to 50k today

Last edited by Joroy70; Sep 22, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Joroy70
fwiw I went from 35k to 50k today and I got the full 50k eupgrade credits (30) even If I thought I'd get only 10
Interesting. Well, I'm glad I was incorrect then! ^
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by jc94
What if you're waiting on AQD earned October 14th that takes 3 weeks to post; of even AQM that takes longer than normal. I assume this involves a phone call.
I thought AQD was not required for early recognition?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Interesting. Well, I'm glad I was incorrect then! ^
You, and me, were operating on empirically accurate information that according to this and another thread is now wrong. As per my comment in the other thread, this bug has now been identified by ACs unit tests (otherwise known as FT users) and will be fixed. Those with additional credits... I would advise rapid usage.

Originally Posted by jasdou
I thought AQD was not required for early recognition?
Why would AC permit one to early qualify without hitting their AQD? As far as I’m aware, it is required.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.