FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Status Match Challenge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1929435-status-match-challenge.html)

greenmeadie Sep 7, 2018 10:48 am

Status Match Challenge

Hi All,

I've been offered an AC status match to Elite 50k, which started yesterday.

I've tried using the calculator on here to work out AQM's but couldn't get it to work, so if someone could offer some assistance, I'd be really grateful.

I need to get 18,500 AQM's over the next 90 days; I'll be doing a few domestic flights which I think will get me around 2.5k miles. I'll need to get to the West Coast (either YVR or LAX) in mid November, so was thinking of a trip in Premium Econ to get the rest. Would this be the best option or does anyone know of any better way to get the AQM's needed.

Thanks for any help!

Geoflying Sep 7, 2018 11:10 am

One TPAC trip would just about do it

dr_torch Sep 7, 2018 11:34 am

Premium Economy will get you 125%. I generally use gcmap.com

YYZ - TPE is 7,519 * 1.25 = 9398 * 2 = 18,796.

So I agree with @Geoflying. Now - my question is - do you need AQD as well, or just the miles?

Also, where are you located? Your profile shows London, would that be London, ON or London, UK?

24left Sep 7, 2018 11:46 am

Originally Posted by dr_torch (Post 30179138)
Premium Economy will get you 125%. I generally use gcmap.com

YYZ - TPE is 7,519 * 1.25 = 9398 * 2 = 18,796.

Actual AQM from my Altitude page :)

Base miles
YYZ-YVR 2,078
YVR-TPE 5,950
Total base 8,028 x 2 for RT = 16,056

PE COS x 1.25 = 20,070 AQM

greenmeadie Sep 7, 2018 3:38 pm

Thanks for the comments!

I'm based in london, UK and would need to get to the west coast in November. I saw on Google flights premium economy tickets via YUL both ways which I think would do it.

Thankfully, there is no dollar spend requirement, only miles or segments. 18.5k is the magic number. 90 days from today. The clock is ticking!

LuoboTiX Sep 7, 2018 9:03 pm

By the way it's a status challenge not match

jc94 Sep 7, 2018 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by greenmeadie (Post 30180033)
Thanks for the comments!

I'm based in london, UK and would need to get to the west coast in November. I saw on Google flights premium economy tickets via YUL both ways which I think would do it.

Thankfully, there is no dollar spend requirement, only miles or segments. 18.5k is the magic number. 90 days from today. The clock is ticking!

LHR YVR is 5544 if routing via YUL which increases it quite a bit. In PY RT that’s 13,860.

Plus AC mile counts are slightly off the online non airline specific ones. But it think you are a little short, even in J.

You could do a YVR YYZ bounce at about 4k. Up at least one way to PY gets you close if not over.

Others here likely have exact AC counts for LHR YUL, YUL YVR and YYZ YVR.

A flex or PY tcon AC bounce won’t be that cheap. As you need Flex at least. Probably ~$1k.