Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan account expiry - do 1000 point donations count as activity?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan account expiry - do 1000 point donations count as activity?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by laidback71
They sure do. Small purchase made Saturday afternoon, just checked the account this morning and they were posted. Less than 48 hours!
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Most of my Home Hardware purchases have gone through to AP much faster than AC flights - usually next day.
Did you use your hardcopy AP card or just give the clerk the AP number?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:41 am

it can take 2-3 weeks to post but if you have a smart phone and live in Canada, download www.carrotrewards.ca app. Every 3000 steps = 1 free aeroplan point, scene point or similar. You will earn points without thinking about it.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by ACArbeiter
it can take 2-3 weeks to post but if you have a smart phone and live in Canada, download www.carrotrewards.ca app. Every 3000 steps = 1 free aeroplan point, scene point or similar. You will earn points without thinking about it.
It's currently a point for meeting or exceeding your step count. Which increases or decreases based on activity. I've seen anything from 2500 to 8000. If you meet it every day it eventually goes up to 2 then 3 points a day. But it does work.

My last day to clear was 10/18 - just a week ago. And that's also the last time I hit my goal, which increases a few times after an 18 day streak.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:28 pm

With Carrot, you often get quizzes/surveys which are worth a few points, but also get credit more quickly than you will first signing up for steps. Mine usually post within a couple of days, and even when I don't get the steps every day or every week, it is certainly a good way to keep AP points active if you need it.

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by tcook052
Did you use your hardcopy AP card or just give the clerk the AP number?
Sorry for the late reply. I don't have my AP card with me and just tell them my number. I believe I have entered it myself on the credit card reader.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by laidback71
Sorry for the late reply. I don't have my AP card with me and just tell them my number. I believe I have entered it myself on the credit card reader.
Yeah, I just told the clerk my AP number and they entered it manually. Miles posted within a few days so it worked like a charm.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hey there,

New to site......didn't know there were so many cool nerds out there discussing mileage.

I needed to get some additional miles to make a certain status by the end of December, so i called up AP and the agent told me that it is the transaction date of a purchase that is used. I questioned her with regards to buying from Apple Store through the AP website as it states that it take 6-8 weeks for the points post, and she reiterated that it definitely is the transaction date. Hopefully she is right
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Not only is the Apple Store via Aeroplan estore quite slow to credit, but sometimes it takes a follow-up to make sure it is posted. Certainly is worth doing rather than not getting the miles at all, but is definitely not a way to generate quick miles.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
"Flyquiet",

In your experience is it all about the transaction date ? So as long as I have the transaction (purchase)initiated before Dec 31stI should be fine....or do you have to have miles shown as a transaction by Dec 1st. ?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Sorry - the redeemable miles (Aeroplan) mean so little to me that I can barely keep track of making sure they give them to me. There's bound to be others here who can answer the general question (which is vendor-independent). However, if you read another thread, someone had a closed Aeroplan reinstated with all its miles when they found an unclaimed Esso or Home Hardware or something.
See AP Just wiped out my account - now what???

See also Aeroplan miles posting times

Last edited by flyquiet; Dec 19, 2018 at 10:13 am Reason: Add link to other thread on posting times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.