Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Delay on September 3 AC18 TPE-YVR; Any insight into the flight remarks and the ETA?

Delay on September 3 AC18 TPE-YVR; Any insight into the flight remarks and the ETA?

Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:54 am
Original Poster

10 minute delay before boarding, then we boarded and had a 15 minute delay due to an engine mechanical issue that needed to be checked, got the OK, crosschecked and taxied 50 metres, then stopped for 15 minutes after which we were told we are going back to another gate due to a second mechanical issue (electrical). Cabin crew pulled the curtain in front of J cabin closed for a minute while we were sitting in the taxiway - seemed there was something they didn't want pax to hear. We are now sitting at a satellite gate waiting for maintenance to do their thing but the look on the FAs' faces is concerning.

Any insight into the flight remarks and the ETA? Not a lot of communication and even the SDs (plural) seem a bit confused what to be doing. Really cannot afford being rerouted tomorrow so hoping for the best or to get re-routed on another carrier (paid J ticket, P class, no status).
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Flt rtn to gate for mtc gen fault
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYT82
Flt rtn to gate for mtc gen fault
Thanks.

Flight Aware is now quoting a delay until 6:10PM (from 4:05PM scheduled) although crew hasn't announced it yet.

Not optimistic at this point
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Were looking out the window and can see fire trucks...

Where are you sitting?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gabdusch
We’re looking out the window and can see fire trucks...

Where are you sitting?
2A, you?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
2A
Come say hello to 7A and 8A
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Come say hello to 7A and 8A
It was nice to meet you guys.

They said it would be 10 minutes, 60 minutes ago. Once (if) we get going maybe we can have a Kit Kat mini-do over the Pacific later.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Hi from seat 7A

Captain says its paperwork. Looks like thats not all it is....

After the mess on this trip where so far, 3 of our 4 AC flights had mechanicals and we have now misconnected and had to be rebooked onward from YVR, plus the last trip which had a similar mess and was an epic story itself, Im starting to wonder about my flying habits
Diabeetus and wrp96 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
Hi from seat 7A

After the mess on this trip where so far, 3 of our 4 AC flights had mechanicals and we have now misconnected and had to be rebooked onward from YVR, plus the last trip which had a similar mess and was an epic story itself, Im starting to wonder about my flying habits
Doors closed, maintenance crew gone, ground crew waving goodbye, we are taxing again... very promising right now. Cross your fingers. Only 2.5 hours past departure stuck on the ground.
wrp96 and wolvie007 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Doors closed, maintenance crew gone, ground crew waving goodbye, we are taxing again... very promising right now. Cross your fingers. Only 2.5 hours past departure stuck on the ground.
AC TPE-YVR flight had consistently been late for me, never failed.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:49 am

Smile

Originally Posted by 24left
Hi from seat 7A

And I thought it was only me who jonahed a flight. Sometimes people pay me not to book on their flights
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
What are the chances that 3 FT people would be on the same TPAC flight in the same cabin?

Apparently high. I'm amazed actually. I have to start shouting out when boarding flights.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Were looking out the window and can see fire trucks...

Where are you sitting?
Had to get a visual on the guy/gal before giving an invite, or just wanted to make sure you weren't going to end up slumming it with someone from Y? Lol
24left, gabdusch, Nazdoom and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Rmks/flt rtn to gate for mtc gen fault
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Rmks/flt rtn to gate for mtc gen fault
Well, there were actually a few things going on, not the least of which was the failure of the generator and then the testing of the engine.

We finally departed TPE 3 hours late

Looks like my vast collection of TPE trips (and all the TPACs in general) on AC are exceeding expectations for never arriving on time.

I have some photos which Ill post when Im not in between flights. Lol?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.