Lounge access in LYS / Lyon ?

Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:16 pm
  #1  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Posts: 44,819
Lounge access in LYS / Lyon ?

Does anyone know if there's a contract lounge in LYS?

LoungeBuddy says I don't have access to anything. Nothing shows up on the *A Lounge Finder. Nothing shows up on Priority Pass.

It seems unlikely that AC wouldn't have a contract lounge at a European mainline destination, but I can't find any information on one.

This thread has been superseded my a master thread with a directory of all AC contract lounges. Please visit that thread for information on LYS lounge access. Adam Smith, AC Forum Moderator

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 9, 2023 at 5:02 pm Reason: Add moderator note
canadiancow is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:01 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: YHZ/YQM
Programs: Aeroplan
Posts: 1,618
Looks like your only option is to buy access to the Mont Blanc Lounge for 28 Euros. Must be booked in advance. Or you could hang out with the plebeians in the main departures area.
smallmj is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:03 pm
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Posts: 44,819
Originally Posted by smallmj
Looks like your only option is to buy access to the Mont Blanc Lounge for 28 Euros. Must be booked in advance. Or you could hang out with the plebeians in the main departures area.
So you're confident AC doesn't contract with them?

Is there a master list of AC contract lounges somewhere?
canadiancow is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:12 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: YHZ/YQM
Programs: Aeroplan
Posts: 1,618
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So you're confident AC doesn't contract with them?
No, I have no specific knowledge of that. It's just that it is the only lounge in the international area of Terminal 1 and the airport webpage for the lounge doesn't mention any airline partners.
smallmj is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:20 pm
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Posts: 44,819
Originally Posted by smallmj
No, I have no specific knowledge of that. It's just that it is the only lounge in the international area of Terminal 1 and the airport webpage for the lounge doesn't mention any airline partners.
LH definitely contracts with them, but that information is only on LH's site.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:24 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: yyz
Programs: status-free
Posts: 565
I've used a lounge in the international area in LYS, for free, back in October 2016. Don't know whose it is, or how it's billed, but E 50K was enough to get me in. I seem to recall they had decent sandwiches, and some kind of wee pastries.
biglinguist is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:28 pm
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Posts: 44,819
Well I just sent the LYS concierge an email. They're closed until Tuesday, but I'll report back.

It's a shame AC doesn't publish a list of lounges they contract with.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:50 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: YQB
Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Posts: 572
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well I just sent the LYS concierge an email. They're closed until Tuesday, but I'll report back.

It's a shame AC doesn't publish a list of lounges they contract with.
Just found this on the LYS website referring to 'free-of-charge lounge access' for AC business class pax at LYS:

https://www.lyonaeroports.com/en/fli...nes/air-canada
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by run&fly; Sep 2, 2018 at 4:00 pm
run&fly is offline  
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:37 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YYC
Posts: 2,086
I was just in LYS the other day. I arrived on the AC flight and was departing on OS. When I presented my BP at the Confluence Lounge, the agent quickly looked at the AC logos and said "Sir,your lounge is upstairs... oh, wait..."

So I would safely presume the Mont Blanc Lounge is contracted by AC.
canadiancow likes this.
YYCCL3 is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:23 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3,359
If the *A lounge finder is to be believed, we've got the following situation:
  • Mont Blanc (Terminal 1B, Non-Schengen, 5-20:45) - Contract Lounge for LH and TK
  • Salon Solano (Terminal 2, After Security 5-20:15) - Contract Lounge for SN and OS
  • Le Patio (Terminal 2, Before Checkpoint Charlie, 5:30-22:00) - Contract lounge for TP
  • Confluence (Terminal 1B, Schengen, 5-19:45) - Contract Lounge for LH
That being said, the *A lounge finder is by no means definitive, just a good start!

Safe Travels,

James
FlyerTalker70 is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:18 pm
  #11  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Posts: 44,819
Originally Posted by j2simpso
If the *A lounge finder is to be believed, we've got the following situation:
  • Mont Blanc (Terminal 1B, Non-Schengen, 5-20:45) - Contract Lounge for LH and TK
  • Salon Solano (Terminal 2, After Security 5-20:15) - Contract Lounge for SN and OS
  • Le Patio (Terminal 2, Before Checkpoint Charlie, 5:30-22:00) - Contract lounge for TP
  • Confluence (Terminal 1B, Schengen, 5-19:45) - Contract Lounge for LH
That being said, the *A lounge finder is by no means definitive, just a good start!

Safe Travels,

James
Or, in the context of the AC forum, that matches what I originally said. It shows nothing.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:04 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Programs: aeroplan
Posts: 375
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does anyone know if there's a contract lounge in LYS?

LoungeBuddy says I don't have access to anything. Nothing shows up on the *A Lounge Finder. Nothing shows up on Priority Pass.

It seems unlikely that AC wouldn't have a contract lounge at a European mainline destination, but I can't find any information on one.
For what it's worth, the Maple Leaf Club International web page does not show Lyon as an airport with lounge access (whereas other secondary airports, such as Venice, have a contract lounge).
canadiancow likes this.
yhzflyer is offline  
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:56 pm
  #13  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Posts: 44,819
LYS concierge just replied. I'll have access to Mont Blanc.

I assume it's based on status since I'm only confirmed in PY.
run&fly likes this.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:02 am
  #14  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Posts: 44,819
Very odd setup. There are lounge employees at the bottom of the escalator that takes you to border control, making me think that checkpoint is just for people with lounge access.

They sent me up at 0750, and there were no police at the border control. I walked back down, told the "lounge agents", and they sent me to a different lounge, where they told me border control would open in 10 minutes.

However, everyone seemed shocked, as if this had never happened before.

Many people are coming in now saying "no police, ten minutes".

I wouldn't usually show up this early, but my hotel sucked, and I was already awake.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:24 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto - YYZ
Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Posts: 5,899
No sign of Paul Bocuse whipping up gastronomic delights from "La Mere Brazier"?
Stranger likes this.
ACYYZ/SD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.