FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Lounge access in LYS / Lyon ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1928602-lounge-access-lys-lyon.html)

canadiancow Sep 2, 2018 1:16 pm

Lounge access in LYS / Lyon ?

Does anyone know if there's a contract lounge in LYS?

LoungeBuddy says I don't have access to anything. Nothing shows up on the *A Lounge Finder. Nothing shows up on Priority Pass.

It seems unlikely that AC wouldn't have a contract lounge at a European mainline destination, but I can't find any information on one.

This thread has been superseded my a master thread with a directory of all AC contract lounges. Please visit that thread for information on LYS lounge access. Adam Smith, AC Forum Moderator

smallmj Sep 2, 2018 2:01 pm

Looks like your only option is to buy access to the Mont Blanc Lounge for 28 Euros. Must be booked in advance. Or you could hang out with the plebeians in the main departures area.

canadiancow Sep 2, 2018 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj (Post 30159309)
Looks like your only option is to buy access to the Mont Blanc Lounge for 28 Euros. Must be booked in advance. Or you could hang out with the plebeians in the main departures area.

So you're confident AC doesn't contract with them?

Is there a master list of AC contract lounges somewhere?

smallmj Sep 2, 2018 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30159315)
So you're confident AC doesn't contract with them?

No, I have no specific knowledge of that. It's just that it is the only lounge in the international area of Terminal 1 and the airport webpage for the lounge doesn't mention any airline partners.

canadiancow Sep 2, 2018 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj (Post 30159489)
No, I have no specific knowledge of that. It's just that it is the only lounge in the international area of Terminal 1 and the airport webpage for the lounge doesn't mention any airline partners.

LH definitely contracts with them, but that information is only on LH's site.

biglinguist Sep 2, 2018 3:24 pm

I've used a lounge in the international area in LYS, for free, back in October 2016. Don't know whose it is, or how it's billed, but E 50K was enough to get me in. I seem to recall they had decent sandwiches, and some kind of wee pastries.

canadiancow Sep 2, 2018 3:28 pm

Well I just sent the LYS concierge an email. They're closed until Tuesday, but I'll report back.

It's a shame AC doesn't publish a list of lounges they contract with.

run&fly Sep 2, 2018 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30159532)
Well I just sent the LYS concierge an email. They're closed until Tuesday, but I'll report back.

It's a shame AC doesn't publish a list of lounges they contract with.

Just found this on the LYS website referring to 'free-of-charge lounge access' for AC business class pax at LYS:

https://www.lyonaeroports.com/en/fli...nes/air-canada

YYCCL3 Sep 2, 2018 11:37 pm

I was just in LYS the other day. I arrived on the AC flight and was departing on OS. When I presented my BP at the Confluence Lounge, the agent quickly looked at the AC logos and said "Sir,your lounge is upstairs... oh, wait..."

So I would safely presume the Mont Blanc Lounge is contracted by AC.

FlyerTalker70 Sep 3, 2018 3:23 am

If the *A lounge finder is to be believed, we've got the following situation:
  • Mont Blanc (Terminal 1B, Non-Schengen, 5-20:45) - Contract Lounge for LH and TK
  • Salon Solano (Terminal 2, After Security 5-20:15) - Contract Lounge for SN and OS
  • Le Patio (Terminal 2, Before Checkpoint Charlie, 5:30-22:00) - Contract lounge for TP
  • Confluence (Terminal 1B, Schengen, 5-19:45) - Contract Lounge for LH
That being said, the *A lounge finder is by no means definitive, just a good start!

Safe Travels,

James

canadiancow Sep 3, 2018 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by j2simpso (Post 30160877)
If the *A lounge finder is to be believed, we've got the following situation:
  • Mont Blanc (Terminal 1B, Non-Schengen, 5-20:45) - Contract Lounge for LH and TK
  • Salon Solano (Terminal 2, After Security 5-20:15) - Contract Lounge for SN and OS
  • Le Patio (Terminal 2, Before Checkpoint Charlie, 5:30-22:00) - Contract lounge for TP
  • Confluence (Terminal 1B, Schengen, 5-19:45) - Contract Lounge for LH
That being said, the *A lounge finder is by no means definitive, just a good start!

Safe Travels,

James

Or, in the context of the AC forum, that matches what I originally said. It shows nothing.

yhzflyer Sep 3, 2018 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30159145)
Does anyone know if there's a contract lounge in LYS?

LoungeBuddy says I don't have access to anything. Nothing shows up on the *A Lounge Finder. Nothing shows up on Priority Pass.

It seems unlikely that AC wouldn't have a contract lounge at a European mainline destination, but I can't find any information on one.

For what it's worth, the Maple Leaf Club International web page does not show Lyon as an airport with lounge access (whereas other secondary airports, such as Venice, have a contract lounge).

canadiancow Sep 3, 2018 10:56 pm

LYS concierge just replied. I'll have access to Mont Blanc.

I assume it's based on status since I'm only confirmed in PY.

canadiancow Oct 7, 2018 12:02 am

Very odd setup. There are lounge employees at the bottom of the escalator that takes you to border control, making me think that checkpoint is just for people with lounge access.

They sent me up at 0750, and there were no police at the border control. I walked back down, told the "lounge agents", and they sent me to a different lounge, where they told me border control would open in 10 minutes.

However, everyone seemed shocked, as if this had never happened before.

Many people are coming in now saying "no police, ten minutes".

I wouldn't usually show up this early, but my hotel sucked, and I was already awake.

ACYYZ/SD Oct 7, 2018 9:24 am

No sign of Paul Bocuse whipping up gastronomic delights from "La Mere Brazier"?